Chapter 13

_______________________________

Y/N's POV

I watched the large screen as the difference between the two numbers got bigger and bigger. More and more people joined the Queen's Team.

_______________________________

Queen Team - Player Team
12 - 8
13 - 7
14 - 6

_______________________________

It started. The drastic changes in the count of team players showed that fear took over them. They realised that the red team had a much higher chance at being successful, meaning that them being alive was worth more than the child's life.
Because no matter what, Kota could not change teams. If blue loses with less pawns, his already-short time is over.

And the people knew this. Yet, this was how the game was playing out. The human brain had always interested me. The way they act and talk. They're not so different, but were far from being the same.

"Y/N" someone spoke up next to me. The voice was one that I recognised too quickly. His behaviour confused me the most.

"Banda" I didn't care to look at him. He stood next to me, joining me at observing everyone.

"What do you think?" he questioned, looking at me.

"I think that this shouldn't be that much of a surprise" I answered, watching as Usagi and Arisu tried their best to catch up to the other team and flip the score board. Yaba was out of sight.

"They previously were players too." Banda commented. "For some reason, we always consider our lives to be more important than others"

"15 - 5" I whispered. One of us must have switched to the other side. It should have been six, assuming that everyone was on the blue team. Me, Arisu, Usagi, Banda, Kota... what?

________________

"Starting Queen's turn"

"Banda, Y/N" I heard a familiar male voice come next to us. Well, if it wasn't the devil himself.

It was Yaba.
Yaba with a vest.
A vest that was red.

"Did you dislike the color blue?" Banda joked.

"I like the sound of surviving and being able to play more games in this world better" Yaba confessed.

His statement surprised me. He basically took care of the kid more than any of us. However, here he was, covered in red.

Like I said. The human brain has never failed to astonish me.

"Do you care to join?" Yaba offered us, cuffing his links back.

I waited for Banda's answer.

"I'm good. I think I'll stay here with Y/N" he responded nonchalantly, flashing me a smile. Yaba stood there, slightly appalled, not expecting this answer.

"Well... I guess I have no choice." Yaba stepped closer. "The Queen wants you, Banda"

"That's right." The Queen of Spades spoke up, emerging from Yaba's behind.