Chapter 1

Marcy was laying in bed.

It had been a few weeks since she had moved, and things weren't as good as she had hoped.

The kids at school didn't like her as much. They teased her for having short hair and playing video games, saying that stuff was "only for boys." They also teased her for being a lesbian. Why? Marcy didn't know. She just assumed that they were a bunch of homophobic jerks who could go shove themselves in a locker for all she cared.  

She had also begun getting migraines. These splitting headaches often came with symptoms of sickness, and sensitivity to light and sound. She actually could feel one coming on, which is why she was in bed with NO video games instead of being in bed WITH video games. She felt hot tears sting her eyes and roll down her cheeks. "Stupid migraines."

Just then, her phone buzzed. Marcy reached for it, seeing it was a text from Sasha.

***********

Sashy <3: Hey Marce, can we FT? I need help with this stupid homework.

Mar Mar :D: Does your teacher assign homework on the weekends? Today is Saturday.

Sashy <3: Yup :P

Mar Mar :D: Ugh that sucks. Sure just a moment.

***********

She set her phone down and took a deep breath. "The medicine should be kicking in any time now..." She thought before wincing, as it hurt to think.

She laid there for a while until her phone buzzed again.

***********

Sashy <3: Mar Mar, you there?

Mar Mar: Yes, sorry

Sashy <3: No worries. Anne's at my house so she'll be on the call too, that alright?

Mar Mar: Yep, all good

Sashy <3: Kay, I'm gonna call now

***********

Her phone buzzed with an incoming facetime call. She accepted, propping herself up on her elbows as a picture of Sasha and Anne lit up on the screen. 

"Hey Marce!" Anne greeted her. 

Marcy forced a smile on her face. "Hey Anne!" 

Sasha stared at Marcy for a moment. "Geez Sash, I know I look great but at least ask me to dinner first." 

Sasha's face flushed and her eyes widened as Anne laughed. 

Sasha sighed, "No Marcy, you just kinda look sick."

Marcy put on a face of fake offense, "Do I really look that bad?"

Sasha sighed, "No, Marcy you know what I mean." She raised her voice a little, which didn't help with her migraine.

"Ugh, Sash I'm fineeee." She waved her hand as Anne looked closer at the screen.

"Wait, Marce, is that a bruise on your cheek?" 

"Frick," Marcy thought. She definitely wasn't gonna tell them that a bully had punched her in the face after she had stood up to him.  

"Oh, yea- I- just ran into a wall! You know how clumsy I am!" She forced a smile on her face.

Anne stared at her for a moment longer, "Alright..."

Sasha clapped her hands together, making Marcy reach up and cover her ears as a reflex. "Okay, now on to the homework-" She paused when she saw Marcy.