Chapter 2

When Marcy woke up the next morning, she knew she was sick.

She knew because her migraine hadn't gone away during the night, as usual.

She felt too hot and too cold at the same time.

She groaned, pulling her blankets over her head.

"Darn, I wish today was Monday, so I could skip school." She thought.

Now, Marcy loved school. The only thing she didn't like was the bullies. 

She forced herself out of bed with a huff, going to the bathroom to get the forehead thermometer.

She pointed it at her forehead and clicked the button.  It beeped after a moment. Marcy lowered the thermometer, checking the temperature on it.

101.7 

"Well-" Her train of thought was interrupted when somebody knocked on the door. She opened the bathroom door and saw her mom standing at the entrance. 

"Marcy, dear, are you okay? You slept in, and you never do that..."

Marcy shook her head, handing the thermometer to her mom. "I'm sick, I'll be in my room." The raven-haired girl headed towards her room. 

Marcy's mom frowned. "You're sick? Today of all days..." She muttered. Today, Anne and Sasha were coming over. It was a surprise, and Marcy's mom wasn't supposed to tell her. "Maybe they can help her get better." She thought hopefully. She wanted her daughter to be able to see her friends. They were supposed to come over yesterday, to stay the weekend, but something had come up. 

Meanwhile, with Marcy, the girl had flopped on her bed and crawled under her covers, beginning to sweat. "Too hot!" She grunted.

She threw her covers off. 

"Too cold!" 

She pulled her covers back on. 

She tossed and turned, huffing. 

She eventually ended up laying with one leg in the blanket, and one leg out with her ceiling fan on. Her other blanket pulled up around her other shoulder that wasn't against her bed. (I sleep like this all the time. It's a-MAZING.) 

She then promptly fell asleep.

.

.

.

"Mngh..." She rolled over, hearing soft knocking on the door. 

"Comeinnnnn" She slurred. 

The door opened to reveal Anne and Sasha. "Suprise, dude!" Anne grinned. 

Marcy groggily sat up, her hair was all ruffled and a mess. A small smile grew on her face. "Sashy? Anneee?" She reached her arms out, and the two girls came forward and hugged her. 

"Dang Mar Mar, you're warm..." Sasha murmured.

Marcy just huffed in response as she felt a sharp pain in her stomach.

Marcy's mom came through the door. "Hey girls, I forgot to tell you, Marcy's a bit sick...maybe you can help her out?"

Anne and Sasha grinned. "Of course!" 

Mrs.Wu smiled and left the room, closing the door behind her.  

Anne and Sasha pulled away from Marcy, seeing how flushed her face looked. Anne held her hand up to Marcy's forehead, flinching back. 

"Hey, Mar Mar, do you know where the thermometer is?"

"Mng...I used it this morning...it should be on the bathroom counter..."