Chapter 4

Marcy screamed, falling back and landing on the cold bathroom floor, her hand clutching the collar of her shirt.

Her reflection just grinned, "Finally, we've been trying to do this for weeks!"

Marcy's heart was pounding. "Y-you're not real. Th-this is all in my head..."

The core smiled, "You KNOW that this is real Mar Mar, you just have to admit it."

"N-No! T-this isn't real...I must've been knocked out when Blake hit me- I'm dreaming! Yeah!"

The core scoffed, "Fine."

"Believe what you wanna believe, but sooner or later, you WILL admit it Mar Mar. We've been trapped in your mind with your stupid gay thoughts about a certain two, and now we FINALLY have access to talk to you."

"We will not stop until we get control Marcy," They leaned forward, "I can promise you, that we will chip and chip away at your mind like a clay pot until we get in."

Marcy was shaking. She rapidly shook her head. "N-No..."

"Yes."

Marcy couldn't breathe, there was no way this was real...she was just hallucinating...yeah...that's all it is...hallucinations...

"You're not hallucinating Marcy."

"H-how did you-"

"We're in your mind Mar Mar, we can hear your thoughts."

"N-no..." Marcy hiccuped, her ribs sore from the sudden action. 

"Th-this can't be real..."

"P-please..."

"D-don't l-let it be real..."

.

.

.

Marcy had been in the bathroom for a while. She was frozen, she didn't know what to do.

She pulled her phone out, even though she wasn't allowed to have it out at school.

"Anne...Sasha..." She murmured, looking through her contacts.

She found their group chat and decided to call instead of face time, so her friends wouldn't see her appearance. She hesitated, then clicked call.

.

.

.

Anne and Sasha were in science when both of their phones began to ding.

They shared a glance before reaching down and unzipping their backpack pockets and slipping their phones into their sleeves. 

Anne raised her hand, "Excuse me, Miss? Can I go to the bathroom?"

The teacher nodded, "You may."

Anne left the room, heading to the bathroom while Sasha waited a few minutes before asking, so she wouldn't look suspicious. By then their phones had stopped dinging, but then soon started up again as Anne waited for Sasha in the bathroom. Once Sasha was finally there, they checked the caller ID, seeing it was Marcy. They both immediately answered Anne's phone on speaker. Why was Marcy calling during school hours? 

"Marcy?"

.

.

.

When Marcy heard Anne and Sasha's voices, she broke down. She began to sob even harder than she ever had before. She didn't care that her sides and ribs ached, she couldn't stop if she tried.