Prologue

A/N: ik these are annoying but tbh idk if you consider this a prologue or first chapter sooooo yeah. :)

The screams of Lily Potter could be heard miles away. She screamed for her husband who she knew was dead. She screamed for her dead friends and family. She screamed and cried because she knew she was next. And she screamed because she knew once her life ended her children's lives would be next. 

Voldermort had been after them for quite some time. And although she knew he was dangerous she never really saw herself and her family dying as a reality. She pictured the light side defeating him and his army, ensuring the safety of herself and her children. Dumbledore himself guaranteed their security. But as she heard the fight downstairs quiet she knew it was inevitable. She knew it was over for them and she could only hope that someone somewhere would stop him before he did this to another family.

He blasted the door open. She stood there pale as a ghost, eyes widened in fear not for herself but for her one year old twins who had yet to experience the wonders of life. His movements were robotic and cold. His eyes glazed over although Lily was in such a state she didn’t notice. He took two large steps towards her. 

“Move.” He stated venomously. Snape, one of his most trusted servants, had begged him to spare her life. So he gave her the chance to move over and nothing more.

“Never.” Lily had said standing in front of her children’s crib. She would protect them with her last dying breath, as she knew James had. This was her family, and she would not go down without a fight. 

“Very well.” He said with a smirk. He had seen her wand left down stairs in a haste to get to her children and knew that she would not be able to put up a fight without it. He lifted his wand up, hesitated, then casted the curse. 

The green light flew from his wand to her body. She crumpled to the ground, the life in her eyes gone. Her life didn’t flash before her eyes, there wasn’t a last scream she gave, she didn’t even get the chance to blink before it was all over. 

With a wave of his wand her body was tossed aside like trash. He took quick, unwavering steps towards the twins. He stopped at the edge of their crib where they both laid squirming and wiggling around. As soon as he locked eyes with the young boy, he started crying, wailing. The eyes of the man hovering over him bringing him feelings of coldness and darkness. He was crying for the comfort of his dead mother and father. Voldemort cast a silent silencio effectively shutting the child up although it did nothing to stop his wiggling. 

He turned his attention to the girl staring into her dark green eyes. His breath stopped as he stared at her. The imperius curse wavering as he fought against it. He realized what this meant. Of course he did. How couldn't he? This changed everything and he knew he had to do everything to stop those controlling him. He would no longer be a pawn if what he saw was true. 

But he could only hold off the curse for so long as his wand was raised to the children. But with what little control he had left he made sure he aimed the curse at the girl. As he knew magic could protect her, which it did. He was blasted back as everything went black. 

Off in the corner of Hogwarts in a little office Dumbledore cursed. He waved his wand around as things exploded and flung off the shelves on his walls. His office cluttered with the ruins from his outbreak of anger. 

How could this happen? He thought. He had planned everything out to the smallest detail. He had a timeline that went by the minute. He had made sure nothing could go wrong. But this, this he never would have suspected, I mean how could he. But he knew he must act quick to recover from this. He knew he had made enough horcruxes so Voldemort would return and he would be able to retry. He would make sure this little, this little nuisance wouldn’t be able to hinder his plan again. 

He quickly took off in the dead of night heading for Godric Hollow. He ran through the forbidden forest until he was just beyond Hogwarts property, quickly apparating to the end of the Potter’s street. He entered the house swiftly, completely ignoring the body in the living room. He almost runs up the stairs, stopping abruptly before the cracked door. He hadn’t quite thought out what he would do when he entered. He figured he was a smart enough man to figure something out and pushed the door open.

He doesn’t know why he was expecting a mess like they had been downstairs, even though he had witnessed the very events that had happened here. The two wailing children whom he had heard as soon as he stepped inside could be seen screaming and squirming in their crib.

He hesitated for a moment, but all he needed was that quick moment to formulate a new plan. This one sure to work. He quickly took out his own wand casting an appearance changing spell on the boy marking him with a lightning shaped scar that would forever change the wizarding world. He would claim the boy to be the savior of the light side, the defeater of the dark lord. But Dumbledore knew he would have to do something with the girl as she couldn’t have the same upbringing as the boy, she couldn’t ruin any more of his plans. So he would take her to some remote orphanage, blocking her powers so she would not be on the radar of the wizarding world. Whilst her brother would be the “Boy Who Lived” she would be “The Girl Who Died.”