Chapter 4

Fury raged through her. Not only did it seem unfair that every capable adult who could have taken her in was deemed “unfit” by the same person. But she also had a soulbond, which was weak. It explained her often confusing feelings and thoughts that she didn’t always feel attached to. As well as the constant fatigue and tiredness. Of course she would feel weak as a result of a weak soulbond.

“What do we do now?” Alice asked Death.

“The blocks need to be removed immediately as well as all ladyships claimed.” Death declared to both Alice and goblin. 

Alice was whisked into a large dark room filled with runes and a large circle on the floor, she was instructed to lay down in the middle as the process began. Her blood burned white hot through her legs to her arms and eventually her head. She could only whimper out in pain as she was robbed from the use of her voice as a result of the pain. 

What was surely only minutes felt like eons as she laid there in agony. Once the ritual was over water was handed to her which she gulped down eagerly and finally was able to gain the strength to go back into the room where Death had been sorting out her accounts. She slumped into the chair next to him as he looked over to her in worry. Beads of sweat dripped down her face as she regained her posture.

“How do I claim these ‘ladyships’ and what comes with them?” Alice asked both the Goblin and Death.

The Goblin answered quickly, “You will have many seats on the Wizengamot, which is a form of court that regulates and enforces laws. You will also inherit all money and properties that come with each title. As I have understood a majority of such wizarding matters are new, so to put it simply as a lady of such high ranking houses you will have many responsibilities, specifically political ones. As a lady you are expected to act and present yourself in certain ways, as well as knowing about the complicated wizarding politics, history and culture. I only offer you this information as I hope you will use such information to get your revenge on Albus, because as he has wronged you he has also wronged the Goblin community in unforgivable ways.”

It took a second for Alice to take in everything the goblin had said before she responded, “Who is Albus?”

This time it was Death who answered, as his eyes turned an opaque black where you could see the torturing and pain of the hundreds suffering through the loss of their lives. “Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts, Supreme Mugwump and Chief Warlock. He has placed all these blocks on you as well as stopping your rightful godparents from knowing you were alive and taking care of you.” At this point everyone in the room was seething with anger and a candle could be lit with the heat coming off of their steaming bodies.

Alice realized right then and there that she would get revenge on Albus as the Goblin had requested. For the goblins, her godparents and remaining family, as well as herself. She wasn’t supposed to grow up unwanted and unloved in an orphanage. She had a family, a twin brother, a soulbond. Her life wasn’t supposed to be the way it was and it was all this man's fault.

After the heavy conversation Alice quickly claimed all of her ladyships and inheritance. She received a beautiful ring for each house with different intricate designs spread out evenly among her hands. The rings were enchanted to fit perfectly and not be able to be worn or taken off by anyone other than their lady of the house. She also promptly received the keys to her properties as well as keys to her accounts, which included cards connected to said accounts. 

Death mentioned that Peverell manor would currently suit her needs the most. She took his advice as he traveled them both to the front door after swiftly thanking the Goblin. 

The manor was too large to stand in front of and see the whole thing in one big picture. There were intricate gardens and mazes covering the path to the front door which laid past the old brick walkway. The door was tall, taller than Alice could ever hope to be. The manor wasn’t just a rectangular shape but was draped curved corners and an odd walkway between higher up rooms. The manor wasn’t a manor it was basically a castle. After admiring her new home she keyed open her new home being greeted with a grand entrance worth of the gods. Dust collected on all surfaces due to many years of abandonment and lack of love. Her heart ached for the house as she empathized with it. The feeling of being left alone for so many years permanently scarred onto each.

A single tear dropped down her cheek as she realized she finally felt the feeling she had been wanting her whole life, home. She would love this house as it should have been, as she should have been. She finally had a home to call her own. She understood it was quite odd to feel such strong feelings over a silly house, however she had never been able to call anything hers, to have anything to care for. She decided right then and there she would fill this house with the happy memories they both deserved.

AN: Unedited