New Dead Preview

Art by PatrickBrown as a cover

Sweet, at 6 years old, went to his room to ready for bed. His father entered his room with a book in his hand.

"Hey, Sean. Do you want to hear a story before bedtime?" The father said.

"Ugh no, dad. I don't like bedtime stories." The young Sweet said.

"Why not reading stories with your father? Come on, Sean. This one is interesting!" Father Johnson said.

"FIne, whatever. I guess I'll let this pass for now." Sweet said.

"That's my son!" Father Johnson said as he petted the young boy's head.

"The story we're reading is Red Dead, and it was wrote by John "Jack" Marston Jr.. According to the writer, it was based on a true story he went though in his life. It all started around in the 1870s with a gang called the Van der Linde gang, founded by two outlaws Dutch van der Linde and Hosea Matthews. Most well-known members in the gang are Arthur Morgan and John Marston. However, one member by the name of Micah Bell III is a traitor and he just...wrecked the whole gang out."

"Hey father," Sweet said. "Does this gang existed anymore? Is it still going on with new faces?"

"It doesn't anymore." Father Johnson said. "It no longer existed since 1899. Most are dead, some moved on and had children to our time."

"I wonder where's Mr. Marston now?" Sweet said.

"I don't know." Father Johnson said. "Marston disappeared in 1923. Before his disappearance, he was married and 3 children together with his wife."

"Can I have the book to read it myself? I wanted to learn more about the stories." Sweet said.

"Of coursed, here." Father Johnson said.

He handed the book to the boy who then took the book into his hand. The father walked out of the room and turned the lights off.

"Good night my son. Sleep well." He said as he closed the door.

Sweet was curious about the book as he held it into his chest while he thought about the story.

"Mr. Marston, how can I see you? You might not live in our world anymore but I just wanted to see what you looked like, just like Mr. Morgan and Mr. Marston Sr.." Sweet said.

Each day, before bed. Sweet usually read the book and sometimes brought it to school if he got bored or for show and tell. He quickly grew closer to the book and his life was changed forever.