How Long Has It Been? (Not a chapter)

A mysterious figure emerges from a dark abyss. They are wearing a dark blue hoodie and black leggings, covered in dust and have a sleepy tint to their face. They rub it out. The figure walks further into the spotlight they have created for themselves. They turn to the reader. 

     "How long has it been? Time sure does fly by." They heave a sigh. "Seven months. I've been gone for seven months and I didn't realize it. Maybe in passing, but never long enough to dwell on it." The figure turns to a calendar, when did it get there? "My mom took away Wattpad not long after posting a chapter to this story. I didn't do well in homeschooling and lied about it. It was a small lie, one I didn't realize I was making but it led to big consequences. The homeschooling program wasn't good anyways." The figure mumbled to themself. 

     "But nonetheless, Wattpad was taken away and I wasn't able to post on there without going behind my mothers back, and considering how well that went, I decided against it. And so time flew by." The figure pointed to a spot on the calendar. July.

     "We moved to a whole new state and the move kept me busy. We met up with some of my mom's old friends periodically during and agreed to share the same house. It was crowded for a while." The figure looked annoyed at that thought. "The summer was fun! We spent a lot of time outside and explored the town. Though it was annoying how much we spent outside." The figure hesitated looking at the calendar. They hummed, twirling their finger in the air before settling on a different spot on the calendar. August.

     "Was this when school started? Whatever. School! I made a lot of friends there. The school was a lot more LGBTQ+ friendly than I though it would be! All of the students there are either part of the LGBTQ+ community or allies! Except for this one guy but we hate him. Anyway, I have a lot of good memories there! I joined some clubs, went on field trips, talked to a bunch of people, had my first relationship, and more that I probably don't remember right now." The figure looked sheepish. "Outside of school I got my first job, started drivers ed, got my own pet, they're adorable by the way." The figure giggled. 

     "I am getting ahead of myself. Since it probably isn't likely that I'll get Wattpad back, my mom likely forgot about it, I made a new account on a whole new fanfic website. Am I going behind my mom's back? Probably. Do I care? Not at the moment. Anyways. I got this new account on AO3, which you probably guessed. If you want to see me there, see what I got, you're welcome to, and I'll see you there. My account name is "Boooooooooooooooooooo", that's twenty-two O's, have fun. Now to flop in bed and hope for some decent sleep." 

     The figure turned towards the darkness and disappeared, leaving an empty silence in their wake. Maybe they'll return? Who knows. 

          -MysteriousDragonGirl