Chapter 2

The year is 1986, and you are still in Hawkins.

Who would have thought you would stick around this long?

You and Eddie just turned 21, and it's been a blast. Legally being able to drink, buying your own alcohol.

Eddie let you know he would see you later, and that he invited head cheerleader Chrissy to his trailer so she could buy something.

You tried to warn him that it just sounded like a bad idea.

Little miss perfect going to 'the freaks' trailer, seemed like a recipe for disaster. But he assured you that everything would be fine.

You thought it would be.

Until the next day. You haven't heard anything from Eddie, which was odd.

It wasn't until around noon, you were watching tv in your house, when a frantic knock came to your door.

You walked to the door, you were not expecting anyone.

You opened the door, it was Dustin. He had a panicked look on his face.

He walked straight into your house and started looking around,

"Is Eddie here?"

"What? No? What's going on?"

"Shit" He said out of defeat.

"You dont know? You haven't seen the news?"

Dustin walked over to your tv and flipped through the channels, until he stopped on the news.

And there it was,

A reporter standing in front of his trailer.

"Last night, Chrissy Cunningham was found dead in the Forest Hills trailer park. The police have refused to give us further information and no suspects have been announced. If anyone has any information, please call the number below"

You slowly sat down on the couch, listening and watching the tv. You wouldn't believe what you were seeing. Is Eddie a suspect? He would never do anything like this.

Anxiety began pulsing through your veins. The panic in your body rising.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Dustin said as he cautiously sat next to you on the couch.

You shot up from the couch, quickly going to the front door, grabbing your jacket and keys and walking out of your house without saying a word.

"Where are you going?" Dustin shouted as he followed behind you.

You got into your car and stretched over the passenger seat to unlock the door,

"To find Eddie." You said as you began pulling out of your driveway with your passenger door still open, causing Dustin to quickly get in.

You drove erratically, needing to talk to Eddie's uncle.

You made up some story about needing to see Max to get past the police at the entrance of the trailer park.

You and Dustin got as close to Eddie's trailer as possible, the door was open. And that is when you saw her, Chrissy. Her body was broken. That's the only way you could describe it. Her eyes were gone, and her body was deformed.

You knew Eddie wouldn't, and couldn't do this. You've seen him almost in tears when you got a splinter from his porch.

You made sure Dustin didn't get a good look at Chrissy's body. He didn't need to see that.

You began looking around. There he was, Eddie's uncle. He was sitting on a nearby picnic table smoking, worry and exhaustion written all over his face.

"Wayne!" You yelled his name as you began running over to him,