~𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 4~

"Boobs?"Makima tilted her head slightly at Denji's words, you would of done the same if you were there but at the moment you were retrieving someone

"Boobs?"
Makima tilted her head slightly at Denji's words, you would of done the same if you were there but at the moment you were retrieving someone. Makima stood in front of the two males: Aki and Denji.

Aki looked at the blonde next to him in annoyance "Hey! Pay attention, moron!" The black haired male exclaimed as the blonde held his fist out "what?" The blonde asked as if he didn't just say that in front of a female.

Makima dismissed it and started to speak once more "I am assigning you a partner, starting now." Denji stared at her, his eyes showed confusion "a partner?" He asked leading to the female to explain, "the Bureau's rules are that for small-scale missions and patrols, agents must work in teams of two, for safety reasons."

The sounds of shoes can be heard hitting the empty hallway, a female with long pink hair is walking with a brisk pace in the middle of the corridor, a certain female on her back.

Makima, noticing you both approaching, lights up a bit, happy that your back but it's not noticeable "great timing. That's her now." She smiled and continued "be careful now. She's a fiend." At the end of her sentence the door is slammed opened by the pink haired woman who makes her grand introduction. "Listen up!" She continues "prostrate yourself before us, human! My name is power! And this is Y/n!" You pop out from her back and make a happy humming noise.

"Character unlocked: Power"

The female known as power then raises her hand in the air behind her and keeps her other hand out in front of her "are you to be my partner?"Denji turns around with a shocked look "power? Your name's 'power'?!" He exclaims

Denji turns around with a shocked look "power? Your name's 'power'?!" He exclaims. He then continues "and your a fiend!? Is a fiend really working as a devil hunter?!"

Denji then landed his eyes and you and your eyes met he backed down "Ah, what the hell. Let's work together!" Aki watched the interaction with slight shock and nonchalantness. He then looked at you with a barely noticeable smile which you returned.

"Under normal circumstances, fiends are to be eliminated just like devils, but power is rather reasonable." Makima explained as power rubbed her nose with a smirk, Makima continued, "so I had her join Hayakawa's unit, as I mentioned before the public safety Bureau's fourth special Anti-devil division is a experimental unit, the higher-ups could disband it at any time, if it doesn't produce results." She then stared at the two "and you know what would happen to the two of you then, right?" She asked them both.

They both made sounds of acknowledgment before being sent out to patrol.

_________

You walked next to Aki as you both walked through the hallway, you held his hand you both were in comfortable silence. Aki probably wouldn't admit it but sometimes it was obvious, he enjoyed your company, he wanted your attention and he noticed that a few others we're trying to get your attention as well. 'I won't let that happen.' He thought, a stern expression on his face.

You noticed his mood change and squeezed his hand, getting his attention, he looked down at you "Y/n-chan? Is something wrong?" He questions making you let out series of hums. His eyes widen for a split second before returning to their natural state, he then looks ahead "it's nothing just some thoughts I have."

You tilt your head at the male making him glance at you before rubbing your head "I promise it's fine no need to worry." You huff at his answer before reluctantly backing down. You then point out while humming, Aki looks at you "you want to patrol?" You nod at his answer, Aki smiles before leading you both towards the exit "I don't mind seeing you in action again."

_________

You and Aki patrolled for a while, finding a few fiends here and there, nothing you both couldn't handle. Aki admired you the whole time, stealing unnoticeable glances from time to time.

Kicking the head clean off a fiend, Aki waited for you as he lit a cigarette. You swiftly trotted towards the male. You smiled at him before walking past him.

Aki watched you, confused before finally noticing his once lit cigarette now gone. He then fully turned towards you only to find the sight of you stomping on his cigarette with a huff. Aki watched in amusement before finally speaking "I'm sorry I forgot you don't like me smoking." You narrowed your eyes at him before humming with annoyance.

The black haired male just chuckled as you both began to walk side by side. The sun was beginning to settle. The red and yellow-orangish hues going across the once blue sky. The wind blew softly, carrying leaves and the petals that left their flowers. You both were at peace in that very moment.

You both didn't think about your past, the devils, fiends, anything that lead you both to where you were today

You both didn't think about your past, the devils, fiends, anything that lead you both to where you were today. It was like you were normal for a change you didn't want to let the feeling go but unfortunately everything must come to an end but at the moment you may as well enjoy it.

You and Aki hung out for a while until Makima came to pick you up. She pulled up in a black sleek car. She rolled down the window and smiled at you. You smiled back before happily going towards the car, Aki followed behind.

Before you could open the door to the car, your stopped by a hand stopping yours from opening it. You turned around to see the black haired male towering over you with his arm outstretched over your shoulder. He looks down at you fondly before opening the door for you.

You give the male a hug and look up at him with a closed eyed smile. You then let go and got into the passenger seat of the car. Makima gave a dangerous glance towards the black haired male before quickly putting on a fake smile "Thank you Hakaykawa." Aki nodded sternly as Makima began to slowly drive forward. You leaned out the window and waved to Aki as the car drove off.

Aki watched a smile forming on his face, he slowly raised his hand as a goodbye as you disappeared from his sight. His hand then dropped back to his side and into his pocket. The black haired male chuckled and turned around and began to walk home "Y/n...just what are you doing to me?"