~𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 5~

You sat next to Makima with dotted eyes as she stared at the duo in front of you both

You sat next to Makima with dotted eyes as she stared at the duo in front of you both. She leaned forward with her hand on her chin "If Public Safety kills a civilian hunter's devil, we're guilty of obstructing their business. Normally, you'd be arrested for that kind of thing." Denji silently scowled at the pink haired female next to him.

"Power, you're going to need to think a bit more before acting." The mention female refused to face you two as she stared in the other direction. Makima then looked at Denji "And you'll have to get her under control, Denji.

The male slightly stepped forward with widened eyes as he pointed at himself "I'm in trouble, too?" You started to kick your legs back in forth as Makima explained to Denji of Power's origins "Before becoming a Fiend, Power was the Blood Devil. So she's got a talent for using blood in battle, but also gets worked up pretty easily."

Power looked at Makima as sweat began to form. The red headed female then smiled as her eyes shone dangerously "Maybe she's not cut out to be a Devil Hunter after all." Power isn't went into defensive mode as she raised her blood covered hand "it.." she then grabbed onto Denji as she pointed at him "I-It was he who commanded me to kill!"

Denji went into defensive mode as well as he pulled away from her "I did not! How can you just lie like that?!" Power held onto him "It is no lie! It was him!"

"The human ordered me to kill this devil! That's the truth!"

"What a creep!"

You watched the two bicker as you then tugged on Makima's sleeve, catching her attention. You hummed and looked her in her eyes. She smiled and nodded. Denji then shoved Power off of him "Miss Makima, Miss Y/n, this devil's a total liar! You oughta arrest her right now! You're under arrest for the crime of being a fake-ass liar!" You deadpanned.

"Not true! It was by his command! Devils do not lie! It is only humans who do! You gotta believe me Y/n-chan!" She looked at you with pleading eyes. You unconsciously tilted your head. Denji scowled "No one ever said that! Leave Y/n-chan out of this! And you're the reason why! Dumbass! Shitty liar!" Makima covered your ears.

"Humans and your filthy lies!" They both started to shove each other "1 only did as I was told!"

"Why the hell do you talk like that anyway?! It's so creepy!"

Makima once again had that dangerous look in her eyes as she kept her hands on your ears "Could you quiet down? And watch the profanity?" The two immediately composed themselves as Makima removed her hands. Power then looked at you "Y-Yes, sorry Y/n-chan."

Denji looked at you as well "sorry Y/n-chan, I'll try not to say those in front of you." You smiled and hummed as you hugged both of them, easing their worries a bit before you returned back to your spot. Makima placed your head on her shoulder "Very good, Power. Honestly, I don't really care who got in whose way. I want to see the two of you working well together. Can you show me that?"

"We... W-We can." Power spoke out.

____________

You stayed with the duo since Makima had to attend something. You watched at Denji popped opened a canned soda "are you sure you don't want any, Y/n-chan?" You shook your head no with a closed eyed smile. Denji smiled and nodded.

You both then looked towards Power who was staring at all the machines in awe. Denji took a sip of his drink while you went to Power's side with a gray cat you found. You hummed, catching her attention "huh? What-" she then seen the cat in your arms.

"Y'know, being able to just grab a drink like this is a dream come true to me." You both started to hear Denji speak "But if we keep screwing up, being thirsty is probably gonna be the least of my problems." You watched as Power petted the cat in your arms "I only enjoy the company of cats, Y/n-chan is the only exception."

You smiled and placed the cat into her arms "I hate humans. It's not a matter of personal grievance. My hatred is almost like a demonic instinct. And I hate devils, too. Since one of them took my pet Meowy away." Power has told you about that. You could see the conflict in her eyes.

You hummed sadly and leaned your head against her. Power rubbed your head before going back to petting the cat "Before I was able to recover Meowy, I fell into Makima's clutches. My dear Meowy may be dead already, and yet. I find it hard to give up hope." You furrowed your eyebrows.

"If it lets me retrieve Meowy from that demon, I'm willing to abide humans, or anything else I needs must. I doubt you'd understand such concern for a cat." You patted her leg in a comforting manner. Denji took a huge swig from his drink "For a cat? That's dumb as hell. But I'd do whatever it takes to get to fondle some boobs."

You huffed and threw a empty can at the back of his head, making him wince and turn around "what was that for?!" You closed your eyes and huffed once again while turning away from him. Denji panicked and quickly apologized. Power looked at you "it's fine Y/n-chan, It seems I may never understand humans."

Denji furrowed his eyebrows "But I think I'd get you if it was a dog." Power looked at you "hey Y/n-chan, can you cover your ears for a moment?" You nodded and did as you were told. Power then looked at Denji "What would you say to the prospect of fondling my chest after retrieving Meowy from that devil?"

She then gave you the signal to uncover your ears. You removed your hands and the first thing you hear is a enraged Denji. He crushed the can that was in his hand "That fucking devil... thinks he can just kidnap some poor cat?!" You and Power's eyes widen. Denji then started to walk towards you both "Well, I don't think so!"

Your eyes lit up as you pumped your fist into the air. You let out a series of excited hums. Denji then got close into Power's face, making her gasp "That's the spirit Y/n-chan! As a Devil Hunter, I say no!" Power gasped as she stared in shock.

"Sorry Y/n-chan! But I'm gonna kill the shit out of that devil!"