Orchid | 🌺 [CLOSED PERMANENTLY]

About me: I have a Bachelor of Arts in English and love to read, and I also work as a freelance writer working on websites and other SEO copy

About me: I have a Bachelor of Arts in English and love to read, and I also work as a freelance writer working on websites and other SEO copy. In my spare time I like to run, and weave fabric on my loom.

I love reading fiction, specifically romance, sci-fi, supernatural, and fantasy. I am okay with some mature themes (both violence and other), however, I do not like over the top mature scenes/subjects that don't add to the story.

I will not read fanfiction (sorry!) Fanfiction requires me to have prior knowledge of the work, and most of the time I don't know the reference.

Qualifications: Bachelor of Arts in English and years spent reading and writing.

Review/Editing Style: For editing, I prefer copyediting and proofreading. That means I will go over smaller details like grammar, punctuation, spelling, and general wording. I don't do developmental edits. For reviews, I tend to give overall feedback, and tips for how to improve and things to keep in mind as you move forward. However, I can be more specific or look at certain things if you let me know what you would like in advance.

How it works: For reviews and editing I will look at the first 5 chapters (sometimes more if I have time, but I cannot guarantee it). I will review your book based on this rubric, and add a small comment on each section, plus a larger general paragraph or two on the work itself. All reviews will be posted public to the CottageCoreCommunity Review shop book! 

First Glance:

Cover Image: /5
Title: /5
Blurb/Synopsis: /5
 First Paragraph: /5

Chapter Rubric: Each chapter will also receive a more detailed breakdown out of 20:

Characters: /5
Writing: /5
Storyline: /5
Engagement: /5

Payment: None

Timeline: I will try to get all reviews/edits done within 3 weeks, but will keep you updated if I know I will be getting busy, or something comes up. Often I will have the work back to you with comments/edits within 2 weeks.

Form:

Username:Title:
Review or Edit?:
Tags (+5):
Reviewer Tag: DragonOrchid24.
Notes: