Life is Lonely Lethal Love | 🌺

Author: Rosecherry.
Reviewer: DragonOrchid

Title: Life is lonely lethal love

Growing out of love...

Title: 5/5
Theme: 4/5
Emotion: 4/5
Creativity:4/5
Writing: 3/5

Title: I like the title, it evokes the emotion that is apparent throughout the poem.

Theme: it really captures one of the facets of love, and I think the theme is present throughout the entire poem.

Emotion: The poem really brings out the feeling of longing and shows depth.

Creativity: The poem uses unique imagery in its writing.

Writing: overall, I think the poem works really well. However there are a few words that could maybe use replacing, or there might be better alternatives. But I really enjoyed reading this one!

Note: There is a second poem in the collection, "Is justice enough?". However, due to its nature and subject matter, I, personally, did not feel comfortable reviewing it. However, that is not to say that it is not a strong poem, and should in no way be taken as a negative reflection of the piece.

Oh my little heart, how are you

Title: 3/5
Theme: 3/5
Emotion: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Writing: 3/5

Title: I like the title, and I know it ties into the final line of the poem, but I would personally like to see a different title that ties more into the overall theme of the poem.

Theme: I like the theme, and how it kind of seems like a playful poem. Although I think the poem could have more depth to it, while still keeping that playful tone. And in my opinion, I would like to see it explore the emotions more deeply in some areas.

Emotion: The poem touches lightly on the feeling of a new love, however, I think it could expand, and have even more emotion and evoke more feelings in the reader.

Creativity: I do like the use of imagery and contrast, and it seems like a good use of creativity.

Writing: Overall, I think it is a very strong start with some room for improvement to drive the poem deeper and make the text more rich. But I think it is a very well-written poem to start with.

From now on

Title: 3/5

Theme: 4/5Emotion: 4/5Creativity: 4/5Writing: 3/5

Title: I think the title is fitting, given the repetition.

Theme: I can't say much to the theme, since I don't know the perspective it is based on. However, I think the general overall premise of the poem is well brought out.

Emotion: Personally, I think some of the emotion is lost in the repetitiveness, and I think the poem might come off stronger with "from now on" being put at the end of each stanza instead of each line. But that could be a creative choice or something to do with the cinematic piece it is based off of.

Creativity: I like that the poem has taken inspiration from another creative source, and I think it makes the poem even more meaningful.

Writing: Overall, I really like the imagery, and the story that I feel is behind the poem. Of course, I feel like I would be able to give a better review if I knew the context. However, even reading without that context, I think it is very well-done, and I'm sure it does the creative work justice.

Chilling Ashes

Title: 5/5Theme: 4/5
Emotion: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Writing: 4/5

Title: I really like this title, and I like that it isn't named after the repetitive portion but instead part of the end lines.

Theme: I also enjoyed the theme, and to me it feels a little bit horror-themed almost, but mixed with admiration and love.

Emotion: I think this is one of the stronger poems in this collection, and it seems full of emotion, and the loving tone seems to arc through the poem and into the horror and sadness at the end.

Creativity: Much like my comment above, I also think this one feels like the most creative to me. Both in the use of repetition and the story told within the poem.

Writing: Overall, I think this is my favourite poem in the collection. It has great emotion, story, and themes within it. It takes the repetition and makes it work for the poem without being overbearing.

Overall as a collection:

I really enjoyed reading through the poems, and I think they have really great use of imagery and words. There are a few places that I think could be rewritten and strengthened but overall, I enjoyed reading the collection!