Chapter 28

A.N.
This chapter is dedicated to @Laybug125
You gave me the motivation to finish this up, so thank you.

Natasha gets a message from Tony saying to tell Y/N to just go upstairs once she's dressed. "Come on Y/N! We have to get you dressed!" Natasha says, dragging Y/N down the hall to her room. Loki has already run off to the library leaving the two women alone.

"What is with the rush, I want to see Tony first." She complains, trying to keep up with the Russian spy.

"You can see him in a minute." Natasha says, pulling her harder. She throws open her door and shuts it quickly behind them when Y/N gets through. "Come on and strip, we got places to be, things to do."

"Is Tony up to this?" Y/N asks, Natasha pushes the red dress into her arms and pushes her towards the bathroom.

"You'll see in a bit, get changed for now." Natasha tells, at that she closes the bathroom door on Y/N and she does as she's told. She changes in to the fancy red dress. She looks at herself in the mirror taking in the view of herself. She's never seen herself this beautiful before and all she wants to do is share it with Tony.

She leaves the bathroom and Natasha is sitting on her bed bouncing her leg, "You look gorgeous!" She compliments. "Come on, you're needed up stairs."

"Tony?" Y/N asks, hoping for an actual answer.

"You'll have to see." Natasha teases earning an eye roll, she leaves her room holding the door for Y/N.

Y/N follows out the room and to the elevator, they head to the penthouse where Tony and Y/N's shared floor is. The lights are dimmed when the elevator doors open and there are flower petals on the ground leading into the kitchen.

"Go on." Natasha says gently pushing her out of the elevator before heading down to the common room where everyone else waits.

Natasha quickly messages Tony a "Good luck" before sitting down beside Steve on the couch still bouncing her leg in anticipation.

Y/N follows the flower petals trying not to crinkle many. She looks up from the ground and sees Tony in a suit waiting for her with a bouquet of red roses. "You look beautiful." Tony marvels.

"You don't look so bad yourself." Y/N teases walking up to him, she wraps her arms around his neck pulling him down for a simple kiss. Their lips connect and his arms wrap around his waist, still holding the flowers.

"What's all this about?" Y/N asks pulling away from him.

"Can I not do something nice for my amazingly hot girlfriend?" Tony jokes, "I just wanted to do something nice for you, Baby."

"Well thank you." Y/N answers placing a soft kiss on his cheek, causing Tony to lightly blush.

"You hungry? I made dinner." Tony asks pointing at the silver covered plates on the table. There is matching cutlery and glasses of chilled champagne.

"You cooked?!" Y/N teases, "What did you do wrong?"

"Not every time I cook for you I blow up the lab. Give me a break." Tony laughs. That did happen more than once. Tony had been working on a project and the lab sort of blew up leaving scorch marks on the walls and roasting some of his hair.

"I know, thank you for this, Tony." Y/N says, she sits down across the table from Tony and he removes the silver lids revealing a lasagna dinner.

"It looks delicious!" Y/N comments.

"I could say the same about you, Baby." Tony smirks at his own joke. Y/N closes her eyes and chuckles to herself in embarrassment.

"Shut up you fool."

The two dig in and savors the flavours of the good meal. Tony doesn't mention that he got help from both Clint and Steve with the meal.

"That was amazing, Tony. Thank you!" Y/N says, she places her hand on Tony's giving it a gently squeeze. "Really, thank you. It means a lot."

"I'd do anything for you, Love." Tony smiles at her. He pushes his chair away from the table leaving Y/N by herself. "Stay here, I got something else for you." Tony says, his heart going a mile a minute from nerves.

He jogs into the bedroom grabbing the little ring box and opens it making sure the expensive jewelry was still there. He takes a deep breath and comes back out to the kitchen, hiding the box in his pocket.

He comes up to Y/N who is still sitting at the table and takes another deep breath getting ready for his speech.

"Y/N Y/L/N, I love you so much. We have gone through good and bad times together." Tony starts, getting down on one knee in front of her. Y/N's eyes widen and her mouth falls agap.

"Tony, what are you doing?" She warns.

"I can't picture my life without you in it. I know it's early and if you say no I will wait for an  infinite amount of years for you." Tony continues, he pulls the ring box out and opening it for Y/N to see. Y/N's hand flies to her mouth and tears start to build up in her eyes.

"I've lost you once, and I can't lose you again. Y/N, will you make me the happiest damn man on earth and do me the honour of marrying me?" Tony finishes, he looks up at Y/N watching the tears fall down her cheeks, his fingers crossed she'd say yes.

"Yes! Hell yes! Oh my god Tony!" Y/N says standing up and pulling him up with her. he takes the ring from the box with a big smile on his face and places it onto her finger. It's a perfect fit.

"God I love you so much!" Tony says pulling Y/N in for a strong, passionate kiss.

"I love you too, Tony." Y/N mumbles against his lips.

A.N.
This is the last chapter but there will be an epilogue posted soon, I promise. I hope you enjoyed I definitely enjoyed writing this, I'm so happy I was able to finish the story (even if it took me like two years). I love you all so much and I promise I won't stop writing and posting my stories for a long time. XOXO