Year-End Special Chapter: Debugging the Remnants of Revelation

Seijuro's POV

"No, fuck off."

"Come on, Seijuro. I gave you some considerations last week and this is how you'll repay me??"

My jaws began to ache from laughing as I watched Keith over the screen beg for help. It's so amusing watching one of the geniuses of our team cry his ass in front of me. Now call me an asshole, but having this interaction after a long time of studying as an Avast and being far from each other, doing Coder tasks, was fun at least.

I know what you are thinking. Sei, why the fuck are you treating a guy higher than you like shit? 

Well.

He was just asking me to help him clean his garbage server. You thought that was just a clean up job, right? No.

A phenomenon happened in his server, causing Dump Files to pop up and now, there's this Malware that appeared out of nowhere which caused more Dump Files and damage to the server.

"Not my server, not my problem."

"Please, Seijuro. You want to fight this kind of stuff, right? Please, I'll do you a favor if you accept my offer."

Hearing his last ditch effort to catch my attention, an idea popped inside my head, making me smirk with this feeling of mischievousness.

"Call me "Sei, The Almighty One" and I will reconsider that job," I straightened my face so I can look more serious, just to make this prank more convincing.

"What? No. Who the fuck calls you Sei?" He let out a hysterical laugh before wiping a tear from his eye.

"Okay, consider the offer invalida-"

"Fine, fine, fine, "Sei The Almighty One." Can you help me on this quest to defeat this Malware? Please?"

I can't hold myself but to break from seriousness. His face really made me guilty. Fuck. I am unworthy of the title of being a friend. I laughed at him like I was stabbing him in the back and I felt bad doing that. 

"You're the worst person to ask for a favor. You're a sadist," He muttered before typing something on a black screen in front of him

A blue screen appeared which granted me the link to his Server and the Patch I needed so I would not produce more Dump Files if I jumped to his server. As I tapped it, it disappeared while another blue screen popped up, showing that the server was now available for me to access.

The scenery changed right after I chose the server name. And it.. was.. depressing..

Alternis Server.

The most inconsistent and probably one of the worst experimental Servers in the CyNet. Experimental Servers are servers which are just on its early test run. They test out functions and set up rules to follow on the server, like magic systems, physics, technology, and others. And if it was successful, it would become an actual Server. 

Alternis Server was no different from other experimental servers. The only thing that made it stand out in a negative way was its overcomplicated magic system, history of a factory reset, an event where the Administrator literally resets the Server and starts all over again, and mismanagement of the Server. The Administrator, Alternis, was too lazy that when the Moderators needed him the most, he vanished.

Just as I spawned on the server, a sharp jolt made me flinch and fall from the ground. In front of me was a good friend of mine wearing a straight face.

"I deserved that." 

As I stood from the ground, Keith gave me a pat on the shoulder.

"That's a welcome gift coming from me."