Chapter 3: A New Face in Town

Seijuro's POV

Ugh, that goddamn alarm clock, interrupting my good sleep. That sounded like it rang too early since I could still recall what time I slept.

I tried turning it off but it didn't stop from ringing, even if it almost got crushed from how my hand violently slammed it. That's where I raised from the bed and checked it myself, realising it wasn't coming from my alarm. Hell, it's currently the weekend so I tend not to set my alarm this time of the week. And that only meant one thing.

It came from my alert signal I set for my Coder job.

Kinda stupid for me to use the same alarm sound for it, but it's the only sound that could pull me off my bed. Besides, it's an important matter. It's my call of duty, you know.

A blue screen appeared in front of me and informed me about another Dump File in this Server. So, boring day again.

Until I found out where it was summoned.

A 1 GB Dump File was spotted inside my school.

"What the fuck?"

My half-asleep ass went towards the bathroom, bumping onto the wall from the urgency of the issue. I don't wanna go to school without taking a shower first. But because it's another Coder thing, I needed to double time especially if the Dump File detected had the size of 1GB.

Within a couple of minutes, I finally finished my shower time, which supposedly took longer during my free days, and went ahead to wear my clothes.

But just as I was about to type the coordinates of the scene, the Dump File already vanished from my map.

Huh?

Why would it disappear all of a sudden?

Did I just wake up and almost gave myself a concussion for a false alarm?

No, it wasn't a false alarm. I double checked the datas and sure enough, a Dump File actually appeared in my school earlier.

The mystery was, why did it disappear into thin air?

Unless there was a Coder in the area.

No, that can't be right. If I recall correctly, I was the only Moderator in this Server. And even if it was the doing of a Coder, a pop-up would apparently come out, telling me that a fellow Coder went for the kill instead of me, the Moderator.

You might be saying, "Seijuro, that's a good thing, right? It was gone! Nothing to worry about! Go the fuck back to sleep!"

Dump Files don't just go "Poof!" without killing it with your Coder abilities. It could run away elsewhere, sure, but dying in a sudden? Too uncharacteristic. And as my job as the Moderator, I wouldn't let that incident slip by.

Well, speculating wasn't the right thing to do. Since I didn't have the energy to sleep now and I went far to shower for the weekend, I had to go inspect it myself.

With the coordinates in my screen, a tap on it changed my scenery into a grassy soccer field of my high school campus. It was still 3 in the morning so I wouldn't worry about any witnesses in the area. The lights were on, illuminating the hallways of the school building and the soccer field. With the looks of it, the school was empty.

But it's not enough to satisfy my curiosity. Such a mystery would not be ignored. Someone took my job and I need to know who it was. If it was another Coder, it should've popped on my screen and showed its ID, since every Coder had IDs registered to each one of them. Even I have an ID that would reveal my identity to other Coders. Could it be the work of a Hacker? No. I'm certain that they wouldn't bother cleaning the mess of a Coder. On the contrary, they would do the messing on my Server.