Chapter 6: Back To Hong-joo's

A/N: Helloooooooooo!! I know a lot of you have been asking me to finish this story! I have now finished one of my other stories, so you're going to be seeing a lot more updates on this fanfic! (YAY!!) So, without further ado:

‐-------------------

Y/N perspective:

In walks Hong-joo. She looks the same as she did when you last saw her. The only difference is now she has a very concerned look drawn across her face. She's walking quickly, and seems a bit out of breath. You wonder if she ran here. She probably doesn't have a car, just like last time you'd seen her.

To your surprise, a man you don't recognize also walks in with her. He has long limbs and he's very tall. He also has strikingly handsome features. You can't help but stare at him for a moment or two longer than you should have.

You're quickly distracted by Hong-joo pulling you into a tight hug. You immediately reciprocate, not realizing until just now that you've desperately missed the woman's comforting embraces. Your arms wrap around her, and you hug her tight.

"Are you alright?" She asks, sounding like she just ran a marathon. "You're not hurt?"

She steps back, holding you at arms length to get a good look at you. You shake your head in response, and before you can say anything, she's already on to the next question.

"What happened? You didn't really say much over the phone."

You open your mouth to reply, but you're interrupted by the voice of Han Wootak beside you. You didn't even hear him approach.

"Hong-joo. Jae-chan," he says nodding to the tall man who walked in with Hong-joo. "I'll fill you in. There's something I need to talk to you both about."

He gives them a pointed look, but you're not exactly sure what it means. Hong-joo and her friend Jae-chan seem to pick up the hint, though, because they share a quick glance and nod at the police officer. You're not sure why, but it feels like there's something they're not telling you.

-----

It's been about thirty minutes and Han Wootak is still talking to his friends over in the corner-- out of earshot, of course. Something about that really rubs you the wrong way. What do they have to talk about that you shouldn't hear??

Whatever it is, it seems to be about you. You've noticed that Han Wootak constantly looks back at you as he's talking, and every once in a while, all three of them will turn their heads to glance at you. It makes you squirm in your seat.

You hate not knowing things.

After what seems like an eternity, the three friends walk back over to you. You stand quickly, nearly sending the chair toppling.

"Wootak filled us in on what happened," Hong-joo tells you before you can say anything. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. You must be terrified."

You don't say anything. Truth is, you haven't had the time to really think about it. You're sure the fear will hit later, when you actually have a chance to accept the situation. Hong-joo pulls you into another much-needed hug, and you hug her back.

"Stay at our house as long as you need to, all right?"

You nod into her shoulder as a quiet 'thank you' slips out. You're not sure what else to say. She's already done so much for you. The fact that she's once again getting you out of a sticky situation blows your mind.

She eventually pulls away.

"And you're sure you don't know who could be behind it?" She asks, gripping your shoulders.