Chapter 12: The Woven Bracelet

A/N: Here's where it starts to get good! Enjoy this chapter! And don't forget to 🌻VOTE🌻

-----

Han Wootak's Perspective:

"Han Wootak!"

I jolt awake, panicked, and heart pounding. I forget where I am momentarily, and then remember I'm at the police station. I must have fallen asleep at my desk. Kyung-han is at his desk beside mine, looking at me with a look of mild concern.

"Nightmare?" He asks.

I shake my head quickly.

"I wasn't sleeping," I lie.

"Right," he says sarcastically, "You might wanna wipe away your drool before you say that."

I dab at my mouth, but when my hand comes back dry I realize he's just joking. I sit up straight, and start to tidy some of the clutter on my desk.

"You know, you don't look so good these days," Kyung-han says a moment later, the concern evident in his voice. "Have you been getting enough sleep?"

"To be honest, I've probably been getting too much," I tell him, with a small smile.

He gives a quiet snort of laughter before he looks me dead in the eyes, all business again.

"But really," he presses, "are you doing okay?"

I hesitate for a fraction of a second before I give him a nod. "I'm fine," I tell him, forcing as much confidence into my voice as I can.

He seems to buy it because after a few seconds of staring me down, he continues with his work, letting out a small "alright."

Truth be told, I do feel a bit tired. I've been getting enough sleep, so that's not the issue. It's just that lately whenever I close my eyes to rest, I see the same dream. Y/N's death. Sometimes it's just the exact same dream played over again, but other times I just see bits of detail like the surrounding buildings, Y/N's torn cafe uniform, or that leather bracelet the culprit was wearing.

The bracelet keeps reappearing in my dreams in graphic detail, actually. I'm not sure why. I've practically memorized every curve and twist of the braided brown leather at this point. By now I'd be able to recognize it anywhere.

Other than these random bits of detail, the dream plays out exactly the same as the first time I had it.

Y/N still falls--or rather, is pushed--from a building and dies a painful death. It's always the same, despite what I told Y/N two days ago about not going anywhere high up. I thought that telling her to avoid high places would change my dream but...

Then with a jolt, I realize that the dream I had just now, was a little different than the others. Y/N still fell to her death, but this time she landed at a different angle. And she didn't say a name this time. She didn't say anything, actually. But the look of betrayal was still on her face in perfect detail.

I can't be sure, but it also seemed like the culprit was a little different too. I still couldn't tell whether it was male or female, because of the darkness and the hooded sweater they were wearing, but they didn't seem the same. Wait. The goodies did seem to be a different one than usual. That and they seemed a bit taller than the figure in my first dream. Could it have been a different person entirely?

That would have to mean that there's more than one person after Y/N. That, or there are two people working together.

There's so much I still don't know. But I'll figure everything out eventually. I have to. To save Y/N.