Chapter 8: Kang Dae-ho

A/N: Sorry it's been a while!! Enjoy this update, though. Things are about to get more interesting.

-------------

The bell by the door rings as you step out of the cafe, and you shiver slightly as the chilly breeze hits you. You wrap your scarf more tightly around your neck and hop down the stairs, stepping down into the street.

The sun is just starting to set. It was a long day at work, and you're exhausted. You can't wait to get back to Hong-joo's and relax.

As you approach the bus stop, you suddenly remember that you probably won't be able to relax right away. Hong-joo's mom had insisted you come by the restaurant tonight and have dinner them and a few friends. You feel grateful that they had thought to include you, but at the same time, you're completely worn out. You wonder vaguely if you'll be able to leave a little early after dinner tonight.

You plop yourself down on the bench by the bus stop, grateful for the chance to rest your legs. As you think about dinner at Hong-joo's, you find yourself wondering if Han Wootak will be there. The thought comes into your mind before you can even stop it.

You quickly brush the thought away. So what if he's there? You think. Why do I care?

You've been trying your best to keep this little crush under control lately. It's been an easier task than you thought because you actually haven't seen him since he caught you in the rain. That was over a week ago now. Since you haven't seen him so much, it's been easier to keep him off your mind. But...

You look down at your purse which is lying open on your lap. There, right on top, is his blue umbrella.

He comes to mind every time you see it. You've been carrying it around everywhere with you in case you run into him again. Considering the fact that you kept running into each other at the most random times, you find it strange that you haven't seen him even once in a week and a half.

Maybe he's just been busy...

"Oh, Y/N!"

You jump, not expecting the deep voice beside you. Your head snaps up, and you find yourself staring into a familiar face.

"Kang Dae-ho!" You say in surprise and you find yourself breaking into a smile.

There, standing next to the bench you're sitting on, his head tilted to the side in a way that reminds you of a puppy, is Kang Dae-ho, the newest employee at the cafe. He has his hands in his pockets and when you say his name he breaks into a grin.

 He has his hands in his pockets and when you say his name he breaks into a grin

(A/N: Yes, you guessed it. Our guest star, Song Kang, will be playing the role of Kang Dae-ho. Let's be honest, this man is Fiiiiiiiiine with a capital F. Not as fine as our Han Wootak, of course. But he's up there, for sure)

Kang Dae-ho is uncommonly handsome, and he's very aware of that fact. Not in a conceited way, but in a way that has him glowing with confidence. You find him charming in a sense. He started working only a few days after you did. Despite this fact, he calls you his sunbae, which always makes you laugh.