Six

Ice Skates and Lavender Hugs

Harry's Pov:

"I've never been ice skating before," Lola says looking up at me nervously as she laces up her skates "like ever." I can't help but laugh. "It's not funny," she smirks standing and I have to grab her arm so that she doesn't fall over.

"I've got you," she regains her balance and thanks me. We walk towards the ice. I stand in front of her and grab both of her hands. I glide backward and she keeps her head down focusing on her feet. "Keep your head up and relax," I say softly and she looks up into my eyes. I give her a small smile.

She stumbles a little and I catch her again. "I swear, if you let me fall, I'll kill you," she warns. I chuckle, gliding from in front of her to her side, "You've got this," I say as she glides more steadily watching her feet. Little snow flakes land delicately in her hair. She slides forward by my side watching her feet carfully. "Remember, head up." She looks up and glances at me with a huge grin.

She starts to glide faster, "This is fun!" She laughs still holding a firm grip on my hand. "Careful," I say smiling. Her hair flows around her face as she moves. We continue to glide around the ice rink for a while longer. She trips a few more times and I continuously catch her.

*

"You're pretty good for newbie, "I say, as she pulls on her penny loafers.

"Learned from the best," she smirks standing and grabing my hand after I finish lacing up my boots.

"You hungry?" I ask as we walk out of the rink. I'm absolutely starving . The only thing I've eaten today was the basket of fries I shared with Gemma and Madison during lunch.

"A little bit," I glance over her features intently. Her blue-green eyes. Her slightly red nose and cheeks. Her pink full lips. I feel something tighten in my chest when she meets my gaze. I feel the need to look away. But I can't. She stares in my eyes and the corner of her mouth pulls into a small smirk. She blinks and looks away, her cheeks more blushed then before.

We reach the pizza place/cafe after a few more minutes of walking and sharing glances. As we walk in and take a seat we are greeted by a male waiter. He gives us each a menu.

"What can I get you to drink while you decide," he says with a some what artificial smile. I gesture towards Lola and she looks up from her menu.

"Tea with a little bit of lemon , please." She says and the waiter writes it down on his little note pad thing and nods.

"Alright. And you, sir." He says looking up at me.

"Coffee. Black. Thank you." I say and he writes that down too. I don't understand the need to write such simple orders down but whatever. He walks away leaving me and Lola to decide which pizza we prefer.

"Why black coffee? So bitter." Her nose scrunches up in playful disgust.

"Why tea? Tea tastes weird." I say, chuckling.

"Still not as gross as black coffee." She says with a smirk, looking back down at her menu. "How does chicken, bacon, and spinach pizza sound?" She asks turning her menu over, pointing at the picture. I close my menu and set it down as I look at the delicious cheesy masterpiece.

"That looks really good. It's pretty big so we can share." I say and I could practically hear my stomach growling.

"Yeah, thats what I was thinking." She closes her menu and sets it down.

"So... you're a photographer, right?" I ask as she crosses her legs under the table.

"Yeah, I do photography for magazines and things like that. My father was a photographer too. He did stuff for National Geographic. Traveling around the world with his camera." She says running her fingers over small words eched in the wood of the table:                  

                                     Stepping slow into oblivion,

She burries her heart in stone.

"What do you think that means?"

I shrug and smile, "I don't know. Maybe her hearts been broken."

One thing I like about this place -other than the fact that my father brought me here all the time before he left- is that people tend to write bits of poetry on just about every table. When I was younger, I would sit with my cup of hot cocoa and read the little writings.

"Maybe," her eyes sparkle in the slightly dim lighting.

The waiter comes back with our drinks. "Are you guys ready to order?" He asks setting our steaming drinks in front of us.

"Yeah, can we get the chicken, bacon, and spinach pizza, please?" I ask before he grabs both of our menu's. "Sure thing, I'll be back with your food shortly." He says and heads off.

"What about you? What do you do, Harry?" She asks grabing the bottle of honey and squeezing some of it into her tea.

"I'm a store owner. Hooligan's. The music store." I say as she takes a sip of her tea. I take a sip of my coffee, which is quite hot and burns my tongue a little.

"Nice," She grins nodding her head.

"Yup," I chuckle slightly. She smirks over the rim of her cup.

When the waiter comes back with our pizza, we eat, making small conversation. She jokes about Niall and I laugh. I talk about Lou, Liam, Gem, and Madison and she laughs. Once we finish the medium size pizza and our warm drinks, I pay for dinner and we make our way back to my car.

I open the door for her curtly and then walk over to the drivers side. Once we reach her house, I walk her to her door.

"I had fun." She smiles and places her hands on my chest.

"Me too," I grin, setting my hands at her waist. The snow is still falling slowly around us in the cold night air. I lean down to her lips and kiss them softly. When she pulled away, she nuzzled her face into my neck, wrapping her arms around my neck. She's so warm and smells like cinnamon and lavender and we just stand there in an embrace.

"I should... you know, get in there. Can't leave Ni alone for too long." She chuckles before pulling away slowly.

"Okay," I say with a grin. She leans up to my lips one last time, her warmth pulsing through me from the point of contact.

"Goodnight, Harry." She says against my lips smiling, then pulling away again.

"Goodnight, Lola."

Thanks for reading! Remember to vote and comment, loves. Hope you enjoyed!

BAIIIII ✌