Best friends forever

~Tw!: Mentions of self harm!~

I woke up after a long night of working and looked at the time on my phone.

"2:12pm... Thank god it's Saturday." I said as I slowly sit up. The sun hit my eyes, forcing me fully awake. "Oh god damnit" I say as I stand up, losing the urge to lay back down. Hunger quickly filling in for the drowsiness. I rush to the kitchen, not bothering to change my clothing beforehand. I throw some bread into the toaster and check my phone as I wait for it to cook. 

4 notifications from Luna:

Luna: Hey you wanna go to the mall since it's your day off?

Luna: Y/n?

Luna: Y/N! Wake up! It's 2:15!!

Luna: Don't make me come over there!

                                                                                                                             I'm up, I'm up.

Luna: Good! Now hurry and get ready. I'll pick you up in 5

                                                                                                                             I never said i would-

Luna: Too bad

I put down my phone and sigh, covering my face with my hands. "She's gonna drive me crazy" I mutter into my palms. The sad part is I wanted to spend this day to myself just watching anime and crying.

Ding! I grab my now toast from the toaster and shove it in my mouth as I rush to my room to get ready. I throw on an oversized black hoodie and some black baggy jean pants. I also throw my beanie on just for good measure. My phone softly vibrates on the dresser i laid it on. I grab it and look at the screen.

Luna: I'm here

And on cue I hear a loud knock. knock. knock. from my door, followed by a distant "Come one Rexy!" I rush to the door and answer it. Instantly I'm grabbed by the wrist and pulled outside my house before I could even lock it. Luckily the door closed. 

"Jeez Luna, Why're you in such a rush?" I ask, still being pulled further away from my house. "I want to get there before the stores get crowded!" Luna says, tossing me into the passenger seat and heading over to the driver's seat. She gets in and starts the car, cool air hitting me almost instantly afterwards. I let out a relived sigh. 

~~~15 minutes later~~~

"Shoot. Luna, I didn't bring any money..." I say, casually dragging out the e as I search my pockets for the smallest amount of money. "Don't worry about it, it'll be on me today." She replies, shutting off the car and stepping out. I do the same, heat hitting my sensitive skin. 

"Let's get inside before you get a sunburn, Mr. Sensitive." Luna teases. I give her a raving glare causing her to crack up a bit. I just scoff and start walking towards the entrance. Luna runs up and walks beside me. She starts talking about her job and complaining about how she has to stay up so late at night just so she can get work done.

 "Why do you work so late anyways? Can't you just get it done in the mornings?" I ask. She glares at me jokingly "I don't like the nighttime, Mr." she says, crossing her arms. "But thats an even better reason to do it in the morning." I reply, causing her to look away from me. "I- You know what I mean!" She shouts. I just chuckle.

~~~5 Hours later~~~

We walk down the long corridor of stores, each of us holding one too many bags. "Oh, shoot it's getting pretty dark..." Luna says looking out a window that we quickly pass by. "You don't say, look most of the people are gone." I respond, trying my hardest to point at that one store that's almost always filled with... people that's now almost fully empty other than the few employees in the back. Luna hums in response. "Speaking of getting dark, want to come stay at my house?" She asks, looking up at me with her best "puppy eyes." I sigh. "Sure. Only cause it's getting late." "Awh.. Is that the only reason why?" she pleads. "Yes." I reject, obviously lying.

Luna is my best friend so of course I'll do my best to make her happy. She is the reason why i stopped cutting and the reason why I'm even still living right now. My mind then goes back to my house. "Did I lock the doors?" I think to myself. "Everything okay?" Luna asks, looking at me as we walk. "Yeah, can we just stop at my house so I can grab a few things?" I ask. Luna just nods her head, and almost on cue we exit the mall, walking to the car. 

A/n I'm only writing this story for my own pleasure so sorry if it doesn't match you up. I hope you still enjoy this though. <3

(765 words (Not counting A/n or this)