2

Arjun watched in amusement as Shruti paced back and forth in the hotel suite, pretending to clean up a bit.

"You're going to wear yourself out, sweety," he called to her. "Why don't you come and sit down for a moment? Riddhi won't be here for another ten minutes. Neil said he'd call upon her arrival."

"I'm nervous," she admitted, though that fact was blatantly obvious. "All this speculation about your love life for years and you're about to blow it out of the water by finally admitting we've been married for four. Are you sure this is what you want? Cause it will open up a whole new can of worms for you."

"I'm sure," he confirmed, standing up to stop her. "I've never been more sure of anything, except that I wanted to marry you all those years ago."

"Okay," she breathed. "It will be fine. And maybe people will stop calling me your assistant. I'd prefer to just be your wife."

"Well, that's a title you'll have the rest of your life," he assured her, holding her close. "You know what will calm you down?"

"A shot?" she joked.

"No," he chuckled softly, slowly swaying in place. "We'll dance."

"There's no music," she pointed out.

"Well, sweety, in case you've forgotten, you married a singer," he replied, humming the music to one of her favorite songs, 'Peaches.'

"This is nice," she whispered after a few moments with her head resting on his shoulder.

"The tour breaks in a week before we head to the States," Arjun reminded her. "We have two weeks off, so I've planned a vacation for you and me."

Shruti pulled back just enough to look at him in awe. "You did? We never go on vacations alone; it would've blown our cover. Did you do all this in the last week?"

"Uh, no," he denied. "Admittedly, because I know you like honesty, I was going to tell Riddhi about us today whether you knew it or not." He immediately flinched in preparation for her reaction.

"What?!" she cried. "Arjun, you can't do shit like that. I realize you're the one living your life in the public eye, but the decisions you make about our marriage affect me, too."

He just held her tighter. "Shruti, why does it matter now? We've agreed it's for the best."

"But what if it wasn't?" she demanded. "What if I wasn't ready? You were just going to do it anyway."

"If I thought you weren't ready, you know I wouldn't," Arjun replied sincerely. "But you are. I know how much you hate being called 'Arjun Punj's assistant' and how much you hate reading about me being linked to other women. Anytime a magazine comes out with me on the cover with someone else, you hardly sleep. It takes me singing like four songs to the usual one or two for you to nod off." He took her face gently between his hands. "If all of this goes away tomorrow, and it very well could, as long as I have you, I'll be happy. I love you very much, sweetie. I just want everyone to know it."

Any residual anger she had left at his words. She placed her hands over his and leaned in to kiss him. "I love you, too, and taking a vacation alone would be nice."

Just then, there was a knock at the door to their suite and Neil walked in, leading Riddhi and the important members of Arjun's team: Arohi, Shanaya, Rishabh, Shivam, Prince, and Yogita.

"Arjun, how are you?" Riddhi greeted him with a handshake.

"Doing well," Arjun answered, leading him to the large living room Neil had deemed best for the interview to take place. "You?"