Chapter Two

I lead the way feeling Shuri by my side, she's slightly taller than me, not too much but it's noticeable as her shadow trumps mine as we exit my home, walking along the pavement, Azania at the hear of the country is quite boring at this time of day, they'd come in the morning, everyone sleeps in here but I presume they're quite punctual.

"Admittedly I'm not too well versed on where the fun is happening here, but I can take you where I like to go."

"Take me" she says trailing behind me.

That I do, I take her to one of the first roads built, an old cobblestone one, I always liked how nostalgic it felt, but that wasn't the extent of it, my favorite flowers grew on the other side, they were nothing special, nothing magical, just those small purple flowers some consider weeds.

"This is it" I tell her sitting down, I must admit I'm shitting bricks right now I have no clue what I should do.

"Its beautiful she says, brushing some debris away from the curb before sitting with me.

"It's not much, I just come here to appreciate how far we've come" she nods, knowing I'm talking about the apartheid, her brother being the one who saved us.

We sit in silence for a moment, the only sound being me fidgeting with my hands.

"Okay enough of the awkward silence, tell me something interesting"

I stiffen a bit, currently the most interesting thing is the fact I'm literally supposed to be marrying you I think to myself.

"My mother gets on my last nerves, most days I just turn around and go back in my room when she calls me, of course that backfires but whatever, I go to America every once and a while to visit my best friend, and whenever I'm there I make sure to do the most dangerous things I can until someone notices I'm a princess, one time I let my friend pick me up with a big ass loader truck and drive around for a second, til someone noticed and we had to flee the scene before my mom found out. those moments are the most freedom I ever had" I tell her, laughing at the memory.

She laughs, and it's beautiful, not that I'd expect any less from her "you be wanting to get wild huh princess" she speaks again as her laughter dies down "I can see why, this is a quiet country, maybe it'd do you good to visit Wakanda".

"I just might take you up on that offer, but you don't seem like the wild type either."

"What do you think I am?" She asks me.

"A genius, from what I've heard of you, some sort of tech whiz, my best friend is a nerd about that stuff too, she prefers engineering though".

She looks at me faking offended with her hand on her chest "Wowww smart people can't have fun now?" She says to me.

"Show me the fun then" I say laughing.

"Come on, we should go find my brothers, with enough people we can play volleyball or something". I say to her.

"I'm afraid there won't be time for that, I still have to discuss what we're here for" she says.

I nod.

"We're here because although we cannot speak on this threat directly, Wakanda may be in danger"

I look at her pretending I'm not following, as if all of my senses haven't sniffed out the beginning of war already.

"Which means war, so we must figure out if this is the time of the prophecy, have any of your siblings or you been having weird symptoms"

My eyes widen a bit "not that I know of, but if they did, how quickly would you guys proceed?" I ask her.