Chapter #7: Betrayal

back at the control room heavy and engineer was surprised to see their fellow teammates along with Master Chief were teleported there among side an orb like robot.

Engineer rushed directly at 343 Guilty Spark grab them and looked at him with intriguement of scientificness.

343 Guilty Spark: reclaimer please let go of me..

Engineer: not so fast light bulb I'm so fascinated on how we were creating how are you able to be float..

343 Guilty Spark: of course it seems that you might have not even noticed about it.. but we have more urgent things to take care of..

Heavy: you care to explain about what exactly is going..

Scout: let's just say the captain and the rest of the crew mates.. are dead by some infected zombie alien plague..

Heavy and Engineer looked directly at Scout with worried.

Spy: yes it seems that this parasite had feeding on the body and turned them and mutated them... there was no sign of the captain..

Engineer: aw shucks..

343 Guilty Spark gotten out of Engineer's Grass and floated directly towards the control center.

343 Guilty Spark: anyway back on topic.. Protocol does not allow units with my classification to... perform a task as important as the reunification of the Index with the Core. That final step is reserved for you, Reclaimer.

Master Chief takes the Index, and puts it into a slot on the console. Lights and holograms appear, but then fade.

343 Guilty Spark: Odd. That wasn't supposed to happen.

Scout, Sniper, Spy, Pyro and Medic looked at each other which worried on what exactly what happened now.

Cortana: Oh, really!?

Scout, Sniper, Spy, Pyro, Medic Engineer and Heavy we're even jumped back by Cortana's outburst.

Master Chief: Cortana!

Scout: geez...

Sniper: bloody hell...

Cortana: I've spent the last 12 hours cooped up in here, watching you toady about, helping that thing get set to slit our throats!

Master Chief: Hold on now, he's a friend.

Cortana: (Sarcastically) Oh! I didn't realize. He's your pal, is he? Your chum? (angrily) Do you have any idea what that bastard almost made you do?!

Master Chief: Yes... Activate Halo's defenses and destroy the Flood, which is why we brought the Index to the Control Center.

Demoman and Soldier came in and date rolls a surprise as well and shocked to see their fellow Mercenaries came back among side Chief.

Demoman: what kind of witch craft is this..!?

Scout: we can explain later right now we have more things to be worried about..

Soldier: yeah I have to admit that you boys all right but who the hell is this floating bowling ball..

Spy: his name is 343 guilty spark.. and let's just say he's the monitor of installation 04 also known as Halo..

Soldier: well it seems so where to get some new information at least.. but where's the captain..

Scout: well you se-

Master Chief anger: ENOUGH!

All the mercenaries jumped back even Spy well by Master Chiefs outburst between both guilty spark and Cortana.