Chapter #8: The Captain

canyon filled with pools of reactor coolant under the Truth and Reconciliation. The Ket-pattern battlecruiser is resting on the top of the canyon, heavily damaged. The Flood and Covenant forces are fighting all throughout the region.

Cortana: The Covenant network is in absolute chaos! From what I've been able to piece together, their leadership ordered all ships to abandon Halo when they found the Flood, but they were too late. The Flood overwhelmed this cruiser and disabled it. The Covenant are terrified the Flood will repair the ship and use it to escape from Halo. They've sent in a strike team to neutralize the Flood and repair the ship for immediate departure. I've got a good lock on Captain Keyes' CNI transponder signal! He's alive! And the implants are intact! There's some interference from the cruiser's damaged reactor. I'll bring us in as close as I can.

John-117 teleports into the end of a corridor in the cruiser. The view flips over, upside down, and the Master Chief and The Mercenaries falls on his head; he was teleported in upside down.

Heavy: Tell me, where did we go so wrong?

Scout: Ah, jeez!

Soldier grumbles.

Spy: Ugh...merde.

Sniper: Ahh, that was rubbish!

Demoman: AW CRIPE!

Engineer: Now I've seen everything!

Medic: DUMMKOPFS!

Pyro muscle voice: The hell?

Cortana: Ohh... I see, the coordinate data needs to be—

The Master Chief whacks the side of his head with his fist as he stands up.

along with the other mercenaries got up from the teleporter encounter.

Cortana: Right. Sorry.

The Chief and The Mercenaries begins to walk down the hallway.

Captain Jacob KeyesCOM: (weakly) Chief... Mercenaries... Don't be a fool. Leave me...

Cortana: Captain? Captain?! I've lost him..."

Chief and Mercenaries continued walking scene at the whole interior of the ship was a wreck.

Scout: we'll talk about there really messed up.. of taking care of the ship..

Heavy: I know little alien men really are stupid..

Sniper: certainly seems that those alien blokes really have no idea that they really have unleashedo infection into the universe..

Spy: but don't worry seen that the infection will be obliterated.

Demoman: but see now we only have kind of response from the captain and telling us to leave..

Soldier: yeah seems a signal is kind of weak..

The Chief and The Mercenaries encounters a small group of Unggoy fighting the Flood; they are soon overwhelmed. The Chief and The Mercenaries eliminates the Flood, continues down the hallway, and gets to one of the hangar bays. A large hole in the floor is just past the door, blocking the Chief's and The Mercenaries progress. Several Sangheili are present in the area beyond, fighting more Flood.

Scout: oh crap!

Heavy: this is a bad..

Medic: well this really is a bit of a big problem..

Soldier: even if I could rock it jump it won't work..

Pyro muffling voice: I only have a check pack and only I can be able to fly in a limit distance..