𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐌𝐚𝐣𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐲

After their first time, James - Prince James - was always hard. In that way, he was never a disappointment. So, so hard for her. All she had to do was flash that wicked smile in his direction and the bulge of his trousers grew. He knew what it meant. He could see it in her eyes. She was insatiable, and so was he. It was a perfect match. The villainous King George had certainly chosen a fitting heir in his adoptive son. Dark enough to match Regina's own heart.

When he saw her, he expected it. This didn't bother the queen. She expected it too. It was an unwritten rule. They met. They bantered. They had rough, painful sex. Then they bantered again before parting. There was no 'relationship.' Only sex. But it was satisfying, and Regina's desires were fulfilled by it.

Regardless of this, when the young man died in battle, she quickly became guilt-stricken and depressed, to the point where she even resolved to attend his funeral (in disguise, of course). To her surprise, the man standing closest to his casket was not King George, but a man who looked exactly like Prince James. In fact, when the young man turned around, her heart nearly stopped. Had it not been for the man's blue eyes, which were lighter than the prince's, she would have mistaken them for one and the same. As it was, though, she could tell even the minutest differences between them, though they were few. This, of course, only served to further confuse the queen's feelings of loss and grief.

After in King George's sincere speech of mourning, when the crowd had finally left, the young man stayed behind, kneeling beside the grave into which the other man's casket had been lowered. As the queen approached, unable to stop herself from drawing nearer to the man who had passed, she heard the light-eyed blonde crying. Upon hearing this, she realized that tears were spilling from her own eyes as well. Embarrassed and ashamed, she wiped her eyes, but the young man, having thought he was alone, turned quickly to find her standing close to him.

"Oh, I'm... I'm sorry," he stammered, wiping his own sorrow away from his eyes. "I... I didn't realize that anyone else was..."

But the young man trailed off when he saw the bottom half of the woman's face. Even from her lips and chin, he would recognize the face anywhere. It was the face of the woman who had so viciously tortured many of his people. She was the woman who- As she removed her hood and completely revealed herself, his breath caught in his chest. He couldn't tell if it was a sob that stopped it, or her beauty. Either way, he was captivated.

"W-What are you doing here?" he finally managed to ask, once he was nearly finished staring.

"I had... somewhat of a relationship with him. He and I were... close, in a way. I assume you are his brother, though he never spoke of you."

"I don't believe you," the young man spat. "He was cruel, but he would never associate with-"

"You think the Evil King George is less evil than the Evil Queen?"

"Of course I do! He-"

"You're right. Regardless, what's done is done, and whether you'd like to believe it or not, your brother and I spent a great deal of time together. You must not have been close. Otherwise, he would have told you."

"No," he said sadly. "We had quite a falling out. I never had a chance to tell him that I loved him despite it all before he was killed. I've been a horrible brother. I know he hated me, but I could have-"

"James was very set in his ways. I don't think he would have forgiven you for whatever you've done anyway, regardless of whether you deserve that forgiveness."

This stung him deeply, but he knew she was right. Anyway, she probably knew him better than he did, if what she'd said about the time they'd spent together was true.