Such Denial

I suddenly don't want to leave. I want to stay here, with Carlisle. That's all I want. That's all I've ever wanted. My body is still against the truck, his body is now against mine. He tilts my head up with his manly finger, I wanna bite it. My lips are millimeters from his. And before I knew it I was kissing his lips. I broke from reality. I was no longer thinking about what Edward might think, what Esme might think, what my father might think. I was fixated on his lips and his lips only. I feel his dick and I begin to bounce back to reality, I push him away.

"What are we doing?"

His eyes take a while to open.

"I-I have to go, okay!!" I yell.

I slam open my shattered car door. ( which I am slightly disappointed by as of now) Carlisle is babbling on and on, but I ignore him. Ignoring him seems like the best option right now. What was I thinking? Kissing him right in front of the house? Someone definitely heard us. 

I am driving away when I feel my car rattle. I automatically know it's Jake, his dog scent is quite hard to ignore. He quickly props himself on the seat next to me. 

"What were you thinking?!" He screams. 

"Jeez, Jake. You scared me. And what are you even talking about?" 

He growls. "I am on patrol for your precious little Cullens, remember?"

I look at him with confusion. 

"C'mon, Bella! Don't play dumb with me, I saw the whole damn thing!"

My gut drops. He has that same snarl he had on his face whenever I was with Edward.

"This is the last thing I would expect from you." He turns to his side.

The guilt in my stomach is soon substituted with rage.

"Why do you care? Stop acting like your the boss of me, I don't need your opinions."

Before this escalates I added "and it didn't...mean anything, okay? It was stupid and it's over now."

He scoffs. "Bullshit!"

I can tell he will never let this go. And to be honest, I don't blame him. The only important thing right now is to make sure he doesn't take this the wrong way, and to make sure he doesn't tell a soul.

"I mean- All the hard shit you went through to be with Edward and you just throw it all away like that? And with his own father?"

I've had enough of this. "It's not my fault no one wants you! Instead of imprinting like everyone else, you're still chasing after the girl you know never loved you!"

I sigh. "Just find something better to do than get all involved in my life."

Embarrassment takes over me and I suddenly am at a loss for words. 

"I can't believe you." He says after much silence. 

The truth is, I can't believe me either. Why am I having such a hard time choosing between two people when the answer is right in front of me? Why am I feeling such denial? 

After a while, he jumps out of the car, and back onto the roof. He gives me a look, letting me know that we are not done talking about this, and leaves. And before I know it I arrived at the only place I could think of, Charlie's house.