But Is Love Enough

"Edward I..."

"You don't love me anymore." He said with a straight face. I was filled with disbelief. How should I feel about this? Sad? Relieved? Should I give in and tell him how I feel? Or should I deny?

Though his face was neutral, I could see such sadness in his deep black eyes. He was eager for me to say something—anything. And so was I. When contemplating your love for your husband, there shouldn't be hesitation. I disgust myself. This man gave me everything, and I loved him. I devoted my life to loving him, and I lived and died for him. And so did he. But is love enough to keep up together? Or is love enough to keep us apart? There was only one way to know, truly know.

I grab his face and aggressively press it to mine. I realized I haven't felt his cold sexy lips in a while. I missed this. But did I miss him or did I miss lips? Whatever, I just want sex. He's stiff at first, but then I feel my lips melt into his. He grabs my ass and I feel him get hard against my pelvic. He pushes me against the tree, then on the floor, and suddenly I find him inside of me. As I grip the back of his neck to stay close to him, there's only one thing I can think of. Carlisle. I imagine Carlisle thrusting me. Touching me. I think of that night, that stupid night that ruined everything. You know it's bad when you think of your husbands father while having sex.
                                          ****
As the sun goes down, we are still laying on top of each other. I'm looking at the sky while I sense him looking at me. This brings me back to the times we'd lay in the field, getting lost in each others eyes and never getting bored.

Edward reached out his hand, tucked my hair behind my ear and kissed my cheek.
"We should probably go back, Charlie might be worried." I said. I put my clothes back on and fixed up my hair. As we walked back to my fathers house, we held hands. And for some reason I didn't feel wrong about it. I wasn't in a constant contemplation of my love for him. I was just in the moment. And in the moment...I wanted to be with him.

"Hey, dad" I said as I picked up my backpack of his couch.

"How was brunch?"

"Uhh, good!"

"The Cesar salad is truly exceptional. You should give it a try, Mr. Swan." Edward said. He left out a chuckle, and so did I.

"Yeah, yeah. I don't do salads. More of a steak and cobbler kinda guy."

I gave my dad a kiss on the cheek and we said our goodbyes. We walked out to my now trashed red truck. Edward gave it a glance and made a judgmental face. "I'm not even gonna ask." He said as he laughed. Good I thought.
As we we're about to leave, Edward insisted he drive. "I thought that now that I'm a vampire, you'd trust me a bit more with my driving skills." I said.
"Vampire or not, I'm still the best driver." He said as he put the keys in the ignition. We were finally on the road and holding hands while I looked out the window at all the passing trees. I have lived at forks for years now and I am still fascinated by the beauty of the nature.

Suddenly I hear a loud thump on the back of the car. Jacob. The only one who knows my secret is only 2 feet away from my mind-reading husband; The one who I'm trying to keep it from.

Oh God, how am I ever to surpass this one?