Charlie

a/n hahaha get the title???

After my fight with Jacob, and the situation with Carlisle, I feel like I'm trapped. I don't know my feelings for Edward, or Carlisle, or even Jacob! I guess that leaves one person to turn to.
"Hello? Bella? Oh! Um..hi! I wasn't expecting you, come in!"
I mumble a quick thanks as I walk into the old house which sends waves of nostalgia back to me. This is where I and Edward first kissed, where I his out when Edward left, the dream catcher, oh Jake...

"So what did you need?" Charlie asked leaning on the kitchen counter, snapping me out of my daydream.

"oh um... I just wanted to see you!"  I lied. I lied to Charlie because I didn't think he needed to know about the affair, the real reason I came here. That I needed to get away from some particular Cullens and a special werewolf friend who wants nothing to do with me.

"Oh really? I didn't think you missed me all that much."

"Well, why would you think that?"

"Probably because you couldn't wait to get married to Edward and move out of here," He chuckles sadly, making me frown. I never really thought about Charlie, to be honest. I didn't think he would miss me a lot, sure he would miss me for a few weeks but, I thought he'd get over it pretty soon. I never really was close to him anyways, at least before Forks. Don't get me wrong I love him a lot! But still, at times it's awkward, at home. I mean, there's nothing bad between us,  just awkwardness.

"I'm sorry I made you feel that way, I guess I was just excited to live with Edward." Thinking about this now, after Carlisle, I don't really know what to say. Even saying Edward's name makes me feel like puking out of guilt.

Charlie slowly smiles, " aw come here Bells," he pulls me into a hug, which I happily return. At least someone likes me, even though I made him think I couldn't wait to get out of there.

"Hey is it ok if I stay here for a few days? Just need a change of scenery."
"Yeah sure, that'd be great! I mean.. it would be cool."

"Cool, I'm gonna just take this up."

"Ok."

Five Minutes Later

"Hey Bella, what happened to your truck?!"