Fool Can't Keep His Mouth Shut

A/N: Hey guys! Feel free to comment, I love hearing your thoughts!

The past couple of days at Charlie's have been hard. He doesn't know I'm a vampire. In the past, I would've said something along the lines of "it's not my secret to tell", but now that I am a vampire, a Cullen, a part of the Olympic Coven, I feel a sudden obligation to tell him--just not yet. That secret pains me, but not as much as the one between Carlise and me. I can't hide out forever, I will have to face him eventually, but for now...I hide.

"You aren't gonna eat breakfast?" I hear my father say from the kitchen.

"Oh, I'm not that hungry, Dad...but thanks!" I don't feel too comfortable calling him dad, I just never knew him or saw him enough to picture him as such, but I know how happy it makes him when I call him that. I can already see Charlie's eyes light up.

He is about to say something but gets cut off by a knock at the door. He's heading towards it with a massive pot of eggs, slightly burned might I say. That's one of the main things I don't miss about being human--Charlie's cooking.

"I got it!" I run toward the door but stop myself. That's Edwards's scent, he's here! I didn't tell him I left or why I left. How does he know I'm at Charlie's? Probably from Carlisle. That fool can't keep his mouth shut. He can keep a secret about an affair but not about where I am.

I open the door and see his face, his worried face.

"You didn't tell me you were leaving the house! You cant do shit like that, Bella!" He swore. He never usually swore at me, guess he really cared.

"Oh...hey!" I said with as much as fake enthusiasm I could ponder.

He said he wanted to talk to me outside, that was until he saw Charlie.

My dad nodded and gave him a hand shake. For your daughters husband, you'd think he'd be a bit more friendly. But that wasn't like Charlie. Being friendly to Edward, I mean. He's never liked him from day one and especially after Edward left me in the woods...and didn't come back for nearly a year. I knew he wondered why someone who loved me so much, could leave everything behind in an instant. I cant blame him, I thought that too.

"Hello Charlie. I was just planning to take Bella for a quick brunch if you mind." I could hear Edwards snarls through his breath. Even as angry as he was, he still managed to be polite. Thats a talent if i've ever seen one.

"Oh, there's no need, Edward. I whipped up some eggs before you dropped in."

"No it's okay, dad. We'll be back real quick." I grabbed my jacket and headed towards the door with Edward. We both ran quickly to the forest near my house. At this point I wouldn't even consider it 'running' more like a few second jog.

Before he could say anything, I stared. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? I don't understand why it's such a big deal."

He scoffed. "Bella you've gotta be kidding me. I've seen you nearly been hunted, killed, drowned, you name it! Of course I'm gonna be a bit worried when you leave without telling me."

My non-existent heart was beating out of my chest. He trapped me in a corner, I have to tell him.
" Edward...there's something I need to tell you.."