Sirens

Gus Fring had always been a careful and calculated man, so when he decided to leave Chile and start a new life in New Mexico, he knew he had to be smart about it. He had spent years building up his empire as a methamphetamine distributor, but the constant threat of violence and the constant pressure of keeping his operation a secret had taken its toll.

So, when he found a sprawling ranch-style house in Albuquerque, he knew it was the perfect place to lay low and think about his future. He spent the first few days getting settled, cleaning out the attic and making sure there were no signs of his illegal activities anywhere in the house.

But just as he was about to head back downstairs, he heard a noise behind him. He turned to see a man running towards him, and before he knew it, he was tackled to the ground.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Gus yelled as he struggled to get free.

The man, Lalo Salamanca, panted as he spoke. "I was running from the cops. I was just trying to get away and I ended up on private property."

Gus glared at him, trying to decide if he was telling the truth. But before he could make a decision, he heard the sound of sirens approaching. He knew he had to act fast.

"Come with me," he said, pulling Lalo to his feet. "We can hide in the basement."

As they ran down the stairs, Gus knew that this was the beginning of a long and complicated partnership with the Salamanca family. He had no idea what the future held, but he was ready for whatever came his way.