°Barley x Male!reader°

This is a request from @botwfan263! Sorry again for the long wait. I hope this will make up for lost time. The scene takes place on the docks. I also think that Barley has a pirate accent in this chapter. It just suits him being a sailor and all. Ages Charley - 26(mentioned) , Barley - 31, Edgar - 20(mentioned), Reader - 29. Hope y'all enjoy!

Y/N's POV

It was like any other day for me. Waking up at the crack of dawn, doing chores, not getting appreciated, having my friends, The Butcher Gang, visit, sleep, repeat. This time will be different. Why? Because I'm going to do all my chores done before noon! Then me and my friends can spend more time together! I woke up the next day at 4:21 AM, instead of 5:49 AM. I then got straight to work. And wouldn't you know it? I got done 2 hours before noon! My boss let me have the rest of the day off.

-------------------------------------------

Walking around the dock's market, I saw Barley trying to decide which fish to get. I blushed a bit, surprised he was here without the others. You see, I had a crush on Barley ever since he was the crew's Captain, but retried due to an accident. I've wanted to confess to him but the crew has always been... Homophobic to gays and queers. So I hid my feelings. Making my blushing face disappear, I summon all my courage to walk up him. "Well, ahoy there Cap'in Barley! It's been some time!" I say to him. He turns around to me and smiles, "Haha. Ahoy, Y/n! How's life now a days?" That started a whole 3 hour conversation. We walked while we talked. We then ended up by the sea shore, our secret hiding place behind the rocks and in front of a well hidden cave. We told jokes and caught up on what was happening in our lives. I never want this to end. But, he'll find out one way or another.

Barley's POV

It's been a lot of fun hanging out with Y/n. He always knows how to brighten up my day. You see, when I was Cap'in of the crew back in the day, I have always grown a soft spot for Y/n. Before I knew it, I was in love. I even wrote a confession letter for him. But my old second in command, who happened to be homophobic, found my letter and threatened to tell everyone else. I couldn't let it happen, so i...took care of him. I then retired because I lost my left eye during he fight and the lost of a crewmate. I've been afraid to tell him ever since then. But not tonight. After talking to Charley and Lil' Edgar, I can finally tell him how I feel. I took a deep breath a started to speak. " Ay'e, Y/n. I have one to tell you." He the sat up. "Really? Cuz I have something to tell you." That got my attention. "How 'bout we say 'em the same 'ime?" He nodded. We took a few deep breaths before nodding to each other. "1." "2." "3!" "I LOVE YOU!" We both say. I look at him, surprised and blushing red. He looked redder then a crab on a beach. "How long?" I asked. "When you were first Cap'in of the crew. And you?" "Ever since you joined the crew, swabbing the deck." A moment of silence washed over us like the ocean on the beach. "Soooo does this mean we're a thing now?" He says, putting his hand closer to mine. I smiled, "Yes, love." I put my hand on his. "Yes, it does." We lean forward and kiss underneath the full moonlight and stars. Once we parted, I hugged him and chuckled. He hugged and snuggled close to me. I now know that as long as we have each other. Nothing will stand in our way. Not even bloody hell can stop us.

-----------------------------------------------

Thank you, botwfan263 for the request! If you have any more, please request on the Yello! Chapter. Also I'm thinking about making a BATDR x/and Y/n book. Should I do it? Have a wonderful day/afternoon/evening!

-Inky