Diagonal, I Mean, Diagon Alley

Chapter 3

As Anya says goodbye to her family for the last time she couldn't help but shed a few tears, Harry comforts Anya as they make their way, telling her that she'll get to see her family again in the holidays and at summer.

"You're right Harry, I chose to go with you guys." Anya says.

Harry smiles at Anya.

"So, where we off to Hagrid?" Harry asks.

"Like I said before Harry! We're off to get yer supplies for the school year, then we'll head to King's Cross station" Hagrid answers.

"Is there like a special place where wizard and witches can get supplies?" Anya asks

"Hohoho! Yes there is little Missy! You kinda read my mind there!" Hagrid says.

"It's because I did" Anya says to herself.

"it's called Diagon Alley and that's where we're heading righ' now" Hagrid says.

As they approach Charing Cross Road, Hagrid takes them towards a pub called the 'Leaky Cauldron'.

'why're those people looking down on a run down pub' Anya heard from a man's thoughts across the street.

"Hey Hagrid... Can the other people see the leaky cauldron?" Anya asks.

"I see you've got a keen eye, Anya! And the answer to that question is no, the leaky cauldron is the entrance to Diagon Alley, so while us wizards and witches with an eye for magic can see it, muggles see a run-down abandoned pub" Hagrid explains.

"What're muggles?" Harry asks.

"Oh! It's what most wizards and witches call non-magic humans 'muggles'" Hagrid answers.

"It sounds like a slur" Anya says with a straightforward face.

'that's because to most purebloods, muggle IS a slur' Hagrid thought.

"Oh." Anya says to herself quietly.

As they enter the pub, most, if not, all the people's attention was directed at Harry.

"Mornin' Tom!" Hagrid cheerily greets.

"Mornin'.. Is that who I think it is? Harry Potter?" Tom asks.

Harry nods.

"Well it's an honor to meet the boy-who-lived himself." Tom does a little nod himself.

"Well Tom we must certainly get going, loads of supplies to grab!" Hargis says.

Tom does another nod as Hagrid leads the two to the courtyard at the back of the pub.

"it's a wall." Harry and Anya say at the same time.

Hagrid reaches inside his large coat pockets to grab an umbrella that's not even half the size of Hagrid's hands. Hagrid taps the wall with his umbrella and it opens up to cobblestoned shopping area knows as Diagon Alley. The alley was bussing with wizards, witches and children alike shopping from the assortment of shops.