Broomsticks Go Brrrrr

Chapter 6

Gringotts Break-in latest

Investigations continue at the Break-in at Gringotts, widely believed to be the work of a dark wizards or witches unknown.

Harry recalls Ron telling them that somebody tried to rob Gringotts, but he never mentioned the date.

"Hagrid!" Harry says. "Gringotts got robbed the day we went to Diagon Alley!"

"What? Give me that!" Anya says grabbing the newspaper from Harry's hands.

Hagrid refused to look at them directly and merely grunts instead.

'That was the philosopher's stone in that vault alright. Dumbledore asked fer me to fetch it before it gets into the wrong hands, I can't tell Harry er Anya bout this.' Hagrid thought.

They chat with Hagrid a while more before heading back to the castle since the sun was setting. Anya can't seem to wondering what exactly the 'Philosopher's stone' was and why terrible people were trying to steal it.

As the weekend swiftly passes by like a quick breeze. Harry groans as he reads a notice pinned in the Gryffindor common room. Flying lessons would be starting on Thursday with the slytherins. As if Harry didn't have enough embarrassing interactions with Malfoy at potions lessons. Harry thought he could have never hated somebody more than Dudley but boy was he wrong. Malfoy made Harry's life a living hell at Fridays and Snape wouldn't even bat an eye.

"Amazing" Harry said darkly. Fantastic even, it's my dream come true, now I can make a fool of myself with a broomstick infront of Malfoy and his friends. Just splendid."

"you won't" Anya says flashing a bright smile at Harry "you'll be great Harry, you just need to focus.

"Easy for you to say when you're top second in class right after Hermione" Damian says.

Anya crosses her arms and pouts at Damian.

"Anyways, I know Malfoy's always going about how good he is at Quidditch, but I bet it's all talk" Ron says reasonably.

It is true that Malfoy talks a lot about him being extremely good at flying to the point where even Anya has grown annoyed by it. Neville Longbottom was absolutely terrified of the idea of flying, he has never even touched a broom before because her grandmother never let him, he says he feels as if he was relearning how to walk but he wasn't a toddler anymore which made him more anxious about it.

Hermione Granger was as equally nervous about flying as Neville was. She's worried about it because flying isn't something you can learn from books, which is her Forte. She borrowed a book from the library containing information about flying and bored everyone who was sitting at the Gryffindor table at the Grand Hall to death with her flying tips, everyone except Neville who was hanging on to her words in hopes of also being able to hang on his broomstick later.

Everyone was glad when post interrupted Hermione's lecture. Harry hasn't recieved anything at all from Hedwig since Hagrid's letter. Anya and Ron each got a letter from their parents. Ron's letter was wishing him good luck with the flying lessons while Anya's was a letter from a partially concerned Loid and a charismatic Yor. Damian on the other hand received a box of sweets just like Malfoy. Meanwhile, Neville received a glass ball from his Grandmother.

"Wait.. Hermione?" Anya calls.

"Hm?" Hermione replies.

"You said something about a library?" Anya asks.

"I did" Hermione replies.

"Can you take me there after classes?" Anya asks.

"Sure thing!" Hermione replies.