《feelings》

~Ezra~
It was about 2 in the morning as I startled out of my sleep. I looked out my window and down at the stables when I realized a dimmed light. I was confused at first but then figured that the new stable boy had forgotten to turn it off.
Everyone was asleep and I was definetely not gonna wake anyone so I put on my shoes and quietly left the palace. I tried to open the door as quiet as possible to enter the stable.
There he was. The boy with the caramel brown curls and the warm olive skintone was laying on the hay right next to the dimmed lamp. He was asleep and my mind told me to just turn off the lamp and go back to bed but somehow I couldn't move, I didn't want to. All I did was stare at this sleeping boy infront of me. I felt a certain warmth looking at him like that but my brain finally made me stop. What the hell was I even doing? I leaned forward to turn off the light as Henry suddleny woke up.

~Henry~
I flinched and sat up as the prince himself was leaning over me. I had to look around to realize that I fell asleep in the stable and suddenly felt ashamed.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you. I was just gonna turn off the lamp...for safety reasons", the dark haired boy excused himself and sat down next to me on the hay bales. He hesitated before he continued.
"Are...you okay?"
"Uh yeah. Yeah sure I just...sorry", I stuttered and looked at the ground.
"It's fine, no need to apologize"
His voice was warm and understanding and atleast now I realized that I had feelings for this guy. Feelings I shouldn't have. I've had them before with other guys but they were never this deep. I probably wasn't able to think straight, I was still very sleepy and my brain didn't seem to work as I leaned forward. I looked deep into Ezra's beautiful hazel eyes, our faces only a few inches apart. Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion as I looked down at his lips and tenderly touched them with mine.
It was a soft, short kiss and as soon as it happened my brain started working again. Shit. Shit shit shit shit. I leaned back frantically. What did I do?! I'm going to loose my job right after my first day! And maybe I'll loose my life too! I got up in a rush and was about to hectically leave the stable as I felt Ezra's thin hand on my shoulder.
"Wait...please...don't go"

~Ezra~
I was shocked. Shocked and confused about such actions. Yet my parents had always told me not to judge people because of who they are. And love certainly is one of the things you can't do anything against. I could've told the police, let him get hanged. But something inside of me told me not to. I couldn't explain it but when Henry's lips touched mine an incredible feeling had rushed through me. I had never felt like this before and I didn't know why but as he turned to leave I stopped him.
"Wait...please...don't go", I stuttered and put my hand on his left shoulder. He turned around, crying and looked down at the ground. He must've felt so embarrassed, exposed, as if a deep secret he had held in his heart had been revealed.
"I'm sorry", he cried.
"I promise it will never happen again. I know it was wrong and believe me I regret making this mistake! You can do anything you want with me, anything, but please don't fire me. I- I promise I will get help, I will search a priest to forgive my sin just please let me stay here!"
His voice was imploring and shaking. He still couldn't look me in the eyes. I put my other hand on his right shoulder as he looked up. I looked into his eyes, those warm chocolate brown eyes, and started to speak.
"It's okay. There's nothing to regret. If you really feel like this not even god himself would be able to change you"
My hands slowly moved inward from Henry's shoulders so that they now rested on his neck.
"I am not going to fire you. You know...my parents once told me never to judge someone by who they truly are. And in that case it doesn't matter who you kiss or who you love, the only thing that really matters is what you truly want. Sadly our society doesn't think that way"

~Henry~
I was speechless. I've never heard such beautiful and true words out of a human's mouth. I wiped my tears away and looked deep into prince Ezra's eyes.
"Thank you", I whispered.
Then I left the stable and stumbled into the palace where an empty room on the first floor with my package was waiting for me.

-843 words