《leaving》

~Ezra~
My voice was more of a cry as I apologised. Henry softly stroked my hair and tried to calm me.
"I know. It's okay", he whispered.
"No! It's not! I could've send you straight to death with this and I promise I'd taken it back but she would've figured it all out then. I'll get you out of there, okay? As soon as possible. I'm sorry for everything I said I-"
Henry interrupted me.
"It doesn't matter what you said. I know what situation you're in and as long as I don't let them kill me, we'll be fine, okay?"
"They'll say you're out of control, a sinner!", I almost shouted.
"I know but they will never be able to ruin what we have. By the way...didn't you say she was like a mother for you? Maybe...you could tell her?", he asked. I sighed.
"I don't want her to know our secret. I don't want her to know the way I love you. I don't think she'd understand it. And honestly...I don't think she'd accept me"
"Well then it's us against the world"
Henry smiled before we kissed one last time.
A single tear fell down my face as he left the stable.
Then I got back into my room.
I didn't speak to anyone for the rest of the day and didn't leave my room anymore.

~Henry~
I arrived at a clinic that was only a few miles away, maybe 30 minutes of riding, at 8pm. It was already dark outside and the doctor welcomed us with a lamp in his hand.
"Hello, you must be Mr. Lune, right?"
I nodded. The middle-aged man kind of reminded me of a priest because he wore a necklace with a big cross. I didn't trust him, no matter how nicely he introduced me to his so called healing methods. I knew this wasn't gonna work.
The doctor lead me into a big room with lots of plank beds and about 50 men of different ages between 12 and 60 filled the most of them.
As I looked around I could see that 4 men in uniform with guns were guarding the entrance.
"This is the newcomer. I want you to explain everything to him and don't be as harsh as you were with the last one, understand?", the man commanded and left me alone.
"Welcome to hell, newbie. Would you mind telling us your name?", a young man asked me with a grin on his face.
"Could you please stop harassing every newcomer?! We all know that everyone in here has the right to get called by a nickname. Ever heard of data protection?", another definetely younger man shouted through the hall.
"Oh come on you're such a fun killer!", the first boy responded, "by the way, newbie, my name is George. George Wrisberg. And compared to these shitheads I'm not afraid of telling who I am. I don't think you wanna be one of these losers too, don't you?"
George pointed at a group of men, who stood next to the young one who'd defended me earlier.
"I'd rather be a loser than someone like you", I heard myself answer and walked up to the little group.
The young man smiled at me and introduced the group:
"I'm Archie and that people are Rob", he pointed at an older man, "Abe", a young boy about my age, "Chris and William", he pointed at two middle-aged men who sat behind him on a plank bed.
"Hey uhm...is it okay if I don't...tell my name? You can give me a nickname of course but I really don't want anyone to know that so...", I asked,  uncomfortable in this kind of situation.
"We could call him scarface!", George Wrisberg shouted. I was unable to react, suddenly everything that had happened, the reason for my scars, flashed infront of my eyes like a flipbook. With this nickname and this memory haunting me, this place would get even worse for me.

~Ezra~
The nights without Henry were painfully lonely. I felt like the only person on earth and not even countess Mary-Anne could help me like she usually would've done it because she would've found out that I was the other man she'd seen Henry with. In these moments of loneliness I wished my parents, or atleast my mother, would still be alive. I knew that she would've comforted me and maybe even understood how I was feeling. She would've accepted me, I was sure about that. She always accepted people the way that they are and included whoever was excluded from society.
I cried a lot, especially when I thought about my mother. She was a better queen than the king I was going to be. Sometimes I felt like she'd started a revolution. She always had a resolution and never lied to her folk. And to me she always radiated a form of unconditional kindness I might never have.
A month after Henry was gone I visited an old childhood friend of mine, Lady Kathleen Rose MacClay.
She was the daughter of a scottish duke and therefore on a very high place of royalty.
She'd always been interested in me somehow and at the age of 12 she even started flirting with me.
Back then I hated it, now she might save Henry's life if she'd agree to becoming my wife.
We talked a lot, about other royals, politics and how our kingdoms were doing. After a while I explained that my people were waiting for me to get married because as a prince I wasn't as powerful as a king regarding political decisions. I think she already knew what I was about to ask but I still asked her the final question, kneeling down on one knee.
"Would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"
Kate's joy was so pure as she said 'yes' that I almost felt bad for using her like this. But I had to, no matter how much it'd hurt her.
After a while we figured out that the marriage would take place on May 13, three months away from now. Three months left with my true love until I'd be captured in this never ending cage again.

-1.011 words