(4) to hear the sleigh bells in the snow

Christmas has always been Lalisa's favourite holiday. There's just something about the atmosphere: it's lighter, the people merrier, and the thrum of excitement in the air just seems to increase tenfold as each day passes by. This year was no different--the chatter of students in Hogwarts after the last day of class before the holiday break is louder, conversations consisting of Christmas plans and gifts to give to their loved ones and what not.

The Gryffindor student carefully maneuvers herself so as not to bump into anybody as she tries to head towards her dormitory, murmuring hello's and hi's to those she knows and exchanging greetings--even if it's a little early. The snow falls quietly outside, coating the dark halls of the castle and Lalisa makes a mental note of visiting Hogsmeade as soon as she has the time. She'd probably take Ryujin with her, or maybe even Jihyo.

"Lali, hey!"

Lalisa turns around and catches sight of adorable Hufflepuff Roséanne Park running towards her, eyeglasses askew and chipmunk cheeks puffed in exhilaration. She's another of her friends, a pureblooded witch from House Park, but not as arrogant and as proud as a certain Slytherin boy who'd she recently saved from amortentia. She's better. More tolerable.

"Rosie, hi," she greets when the girl finally reaches her. "What are you running to me for, do you need anything?"

Roséanne straightens her glasses and smiles. "Yes, actually. I just want to ask if you're still going? To our skiing trip?"

Her shoulders instantly fall down. Two weeks ago, Roséanne and several of their friends organized a skiing trip in the muggle world for the holidays, and she had been invited. She wanted to, obviously, but a letter from her mother had arrived a few days prior, informing her that she'd have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because she and her stepfather had an emergency trip to Switzerland and they would not be able to come back in time.

It wouldn't be her first time spending the holiday here, however, but the disappointment still lingers all the same.

She shakes her head regretfully. "I can't, I'm sorry. I won't go home for Christmas this year; dad had to fix a major problem with his restaurant in our Switzerland branch. Duty calls," says Lalisa, a frown marring her face.

The Hufflepuff scrunches her brows. "That sucks," mutters Roséanne. She then takes a hold of one of her hands and asks, "Are you certain you can't persuade them? Maybe the issue isn't as severe as you think it is."

"I don't think so, Rosie. They're probably already there."

Her friend's eyes light up. "Or! You can spend Christmas in my home! My parents are very nice and my grandma always makes these tasty scones that taste like no other!"

She could not help but laugh at Roséanne's giddiness. The offer is too tempting, but she really does not want to impose. Besides, it's not like Hogwarts is a bad host.

"Thank you, Rosie, but I'll have to pass up on the offer," smiles Lalisa. "But please do send me letters. I'd love to hear from you from time to time."

Roséanne nods understandably and gives her a hug. "Alright then, Lali. I'll make sure Hank is able to fly as fast as he can so you can get my letters as soon as possible." Hank is a tan barn owl, and her friend rescued him two years ago after being injured by some horrible spell an irresponsible wizard casted. "I wish you a happy holidays, though. Next time, yes?"

Lalisa nods and watches as she walks away. "Happy holidays, Rosie. I'll see you soon."

As soon as her friend gets washed away by the heavy crowd, only then did Lisa walk towards the Gryffindor dormitory, feet exhausted and eyes tired.