Chapter 8. Yin and Yang

Author's Note: I think it needs no more warning when I say that this is an extremely long chapter. I think by now my readers know me and know that I don't write chapters- I write dissertations. (Even dissertations are smaller than this chapter.)

This chapter is action-packed and the last chapter in which Jodha and Jalal are not married.

Hope you like this chapter and PLEASE PRESS THAT VOTE BUTTON AND drop a comment ❤️😛. Your Votes help this story reach more readers while the Comments make me so so very happy and motivate me to write more frequently. 
(They also feel like warm hugs so please HUG THE WRITER.)
Thank you.

Chapter 8. YIN and YANG

Abdul watched from the corner as Tabassum entered his King's chambers and stilled--it was obvious in the way the famous artist was looking at Jalal that this was the first time she was seeing The King.
(Jalal seemed to have that effect on women (and also on some men)- the stuttering, shying, stilling effect.)
Jalal nodded at her in welcome, returning her taslim with an adab of his own before turning away to look for something in his chambers, distracted due to his search.

And Abdul was doomed to watch yet another woman become entranced with Jalal's mere presence, her gaze roamed over his King's form greedily from under her lashes, as if she knew she would never be this close to him again and she was right- Jalal di...

And Abdul was doomed to watch yet another woman become entranced with Jalal's mere presence, her gaze roamed over his King's form greedily from under her lashes, as if she knew she would never be this close to him again and she was right- Jalal did not stray from women who were not already a part of his extensive Harem and those he did like enough to stray, he added them to the harem soon after.
(Nowadays though, Jalal was too busy to think of anything other than war and battle tactics so Tabassum was outta luck.)

Abdul finally cleared his throat when he saw her breathe in deeply- taking in the scent of the room (the scent of Jalal) and her eyes looked startled to see him there- yes, ignore the disabled, he rolled his eyes and nodded his head towards the easel- ready for her to use and she got busy setting it up while Jalal- Jalal finally found what he was looking for and Abdul's eyebrows rose.

An anklet.
Beautiful as it was, he didn't think it would suit Jalal- but he did know whom it would suit...Jalal's Obsession, Princess Jodha.
(How is it that if an ordinary person steals a girl's anklet- it's thievery but if Jalal does it, it's suddenly Romantic?)