Chapter 26

She made her way back to the base. Grumbling to herself, reflecting on such a terrible job she's done. God, how sloppy that was! Getting captured and almost a prisoner!? Outrageous! She got to the secret entrance and walked in. Then, made her way to the cell block, and straight to the cell.. Where she can get some shut-eye. "Ah. Welcome back, how did your mission go ?" The Medic asked. "Mission went. Somewhat well... That damn Spy got a lucky shot off grazing my shoulder. Otherwise. He's bleeding out as we speak." She stated deviously, still clutching her shoulder. "Let me patch up for you. And of course I must turn the machine off." She agreed and The Medic shut the door, and then turning off the machine.

Pistol immediately collapsed onto the ground. Groaning in pain and overrun by exhaustion. "Are you alright Pistol-" Medic asked, dropping the fake accent. "OW-. SHHIT.. GOD.. UH-. Hh-. Exhaustion and a gunshot wound DONT Mix well !" Pistol grunted as Medic kneeled down, seeing that his old overdramatic teammate was back. "Pistol, I need you to move your hand-" "I KNOW WHAT YOU DO! CHEVY TOLD ME HIMSELF! Stuffing uteruses into-. Places-? Uegh! DONT TOUCH ME!" She yelled as Medic just stared at her. "Calm down Pistol. I wont experiment on you! After all.. This is quite the interesting one already! As said before. Conducted by the wrong people." Medic persuaded. "Now move your hand you drama queen." "Sheesh... Harsh." She muttered as she did indeed move her hand. Medic began treating the wound in her shoulder. Of course, she hissed in pain, "Now, now I must focus! Breath softer!" He joked as Pistol saw the opportunity to join in. "B-but Medic! It hurts! So bad!" She cried as Medic scoffed. "I have died before by two gunshots to the chest, surgically implanted all of the Classic mercenaries souls into me. And outsmarted the devil! Quite a feat if you ask me! So shut up." "Damn.. harsh.." She mumbled as she allowed Medic to continue. "What did you exactly do ?" Medic asked, referring to what she did while mind-controlled. "Tricked Heavy, Demo, and Pyro into believing I came back from looking for... Cricket.. Battled Spy, broke free from restraints he put me in. Snuck up on Spy and slashed him across-. Wait you know the last part-. My sadistic counterpart told you." "Wow.. Quite eventful. And yes, you are correct." He stated, Pistol glared at him.

"Calm down- he's much more resilient than that. He rose up and become the leader for a reason." Medic reassured as he bandaged the wound.

" Ah. Your right... Y'know, Medic.. Your really keeping me from tearing at my seams. I-. I can't thank you enough."

"The team and yes, I have grown to adore you and your charm.. And despite being the mad German doctor, I can't resist not helping you. Especially with our experiences with.. him." Medic spat.

"Your right. Wait how-" "I have my ways" Medic simply replied as he finished patching the graze wound. "Alright. Thanks Medic. To make easier on you I'll get myself in the chains-" "Pistol. When I'm around, and we're alone, you won't be in chains. I'm all for experimentation on the human body, but this ? The extremity is sickening even to a madman like me !" He exclaimed. "I mean. That is topping somethin' eh ?" She joked.

"Oh so is there a ranking system of human torture now ? And since your suffering. Your going to cling to me and beg for your escape as I can't help but take you with me. Watching you cling to the bottom of me medical coat!" Medic dramatized as Emberlyn couldn't help but snicker.

"Stoop ! You know that ain't me ! There's no way I'll cling and beg for anything from you !" "Are you sure Pistol ?" Medic taunted. The very dark, and depressing situation Pistol was in, now had such a light, carefree atmosphere.

The two cracked jokes and gossiped about Chevy, despite the fact the two were in the heart of enemy lines, and talking shit about the leader. The big bad man, The evil supervillain, The mastermind of pain and chaos-.

Anyway.. Chevy then banged on the door and told Medic to finish up. "Ah. My apologies I must.." "Don't sweat it. Gotta keep this secret ya know ? Good luck, bud." Pistol wished. Medic gave a nod and chained Pistol once more. Medic left, and Chevy entered. "I have no interest in you. You better know that Rachel." "Wow.. The respect is radiating from you... I know you want your overachieving war machine. Then why are you here  when she isn't here?" She talked back, big mistake... He grabbed her face, 

"I'm switching the machine on. Permanently. I'm not dealing with your bullshit anymore."

A/N: PIIISSSTOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-.