Chapter 3

September 1st 1991 (A/N: a lot happened on this day)

20:43

"HUFFLEPUFF!" the hat shouted as I took off the hat before jogging to the Hufflepuff table as my robes changed to the yellow color of my new House and a badger replaced the Hogwarts crest.
I took my seat in between Susan and Hannah as the two girls hugged me.

"You didn't tell me you're Harry Potter's brother!" Hannah accused as Professor McGonagall called Harry's name. After a minute, the hat shouted "GRYFFINDOR!" as the Gryffindor house burst into cheers and Filibuster Fireworks launched from near Fred and George who were cheering loudly.

"I didn't know up till now" I answered as Harry stumbled to the table, dazed a bit as Percy shook his hand. After Harry, "Dean Thomas" was a Gryffindor, "Turpin, Lisa," became a Ravenclaw and then it was Ron's turn. He was pale green by now. A second later the hat had shouted,

"GRYFFINDOR!"

After Zabini was made a Slytherin, Professor McGonagall took the Sorting Hat away as well as the scroll.
Professor Dumbledore stood up and spread his hands, his eyes twinkling and a grandfatherly smile plastered on his face.

"Welcome," he said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
Thank you!"

"Mental" I thought, as the dishes in front of me were now piled with food. Roast beef, roast chicken, pork chops and lamb chops, sausages, bacon and steak, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, fries, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, gravy, ketchup, and, for some strange reason, peppermint humbugs. I didn't even know were to start but I just piled some fries, chicken, bacon and steak, putting ketchup on top.

"This is delicious" Hannah said as she piled one of everything, even the peppermint. Susan just rolled her eyes, taking a few potatoes and gravy.
Once we finished the food, the remaining food faded away as the dessert appeared. Blocks of ice cream in every flavor you could think of, apple pies, treacle tarts, chocolate eclairs and jam
doughnuts, trifle, strawberries, Jell-O, rice pudding....

"Hi, I'm Justin Finch-Fletchley," a boy with black, curly hair and brown eyes said as I smiled.

"I know. Professor McGonagall did mention it you know." I said as he flushed red. To put him at ease, I stretched out my hand which he took and shook it vigorously.

"My parents were Muggles so it was quite the shock when an owl came in through the window. They should really use muggle post for the muggleborns. I was actually set to go to Eton but well, this happened" Justin said as I smiled. I then noticed a shadow as I turned to see Fred and George staring at me with mock-disappointment.

"Our brother-" George started as Fred picked up seamlessly.

"who we loved since he joined the family ten years ago-"

"kept such a tremendous secret from us!

"Imagine that-,"

" being the bro of the bro of the Boy-Who-Lived!"
the two idiots finished together as I wondered if Harry and I could reach that level of twinhood. Justin was looking slightly unnerved already.

"You idiots done terrorizing my poor friend already," I asked as they smiled, plopping down beside me, scooting Hannah and Susan away.

"Congrats on being a Puff though, really. Don't expect us to go easy on you during Quidditch." Fred said as I smiled.

"Be careful of Snape though. He seems to really hate you and Harrikins already. Not even beginning of the term yet." George commented as I turned to the teacher in question who was talking to a short man beside him who was wearing a purple turban and looked frightened.