Chapter 5

10th September 1991

15:25

Dan's PoV

"AAAAAAHHHHH!!! I'M GONNA DIE! I'M GONNA DIE AND DAN IS THE GUY THAT KILLED MEE!!"
"You aren't dead, Justin. You're barely 2 feet of the floor," Megan said between laughs from her position about 5 feet below me.
"YOU SAID IT WOULD BE A BREEZE! THIS IS NOT A BREEZE! CURSE YOU DAN!"
"Mr. Finch-Fletchley, please stop screaming and follow the instructions," Madam Hooch said tiredly, rubbing her nose bridge as she flew up beside Justin and began to guide him slowly upwards.
In the meanwhile, Hannah and I began to race around on the school brroms and do all sorts of stuff. We did loop the loops, barrel rolls even  flew upside down at a point.
"Looks like those lessons paid off after all!" Hannah said as she weaved in between Ernie and Zacharias who were whispering with each other.
"On your left Smith," I said as I passed him.
"Mr. Potter, Miss Abbott, please do not scare a student off their broom," Madam Hooch said sternly as Hannah and I reluctantly slowed down as I began to miss the wind rushing through my hair already.
"You running for the Quidditch team?" I asked Hannah as she nodded and I frowned. This year, there was only one free spot since our last Chaser had graduated last year and I really wanted that spot. I also didn't want to fight Hannah over the spot.
"You're running to, aren't you?" Hannah said as I nodded. The two of us fell into an awkward silence after that, just going in laps after laps hill the class finished.
After flying class, our next class was Herbology with Prof. Sprout so we headed to the greenhouse, meeting with the Gryffindors as we entered. As soon as Hermione saw us, she quickly walked over to us.
"Hey guys, how was flying?" she asked.
"Awesome /Terrible /Meh" all of us said at once.
"Justin is terrified of heights." Megan said with a smile "He was screaming the entire class."
"Did not," Justin said defensively as the two of them began to tease each other and baby fight.
"Cut it out guys, Professor Sprout is coming," I said as the two of them finally stopped.
"Yes sir, " the two of them said, giving a mock salute.
"Idiots, " I muttered as Prof. Sprout appeared and unlocked the door to the Greenhouse.
⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
11th September 1991

13:20

"Having a last meal, Potter? When are you getting the train back to the
Muggles?"
"You're a lot braver now that you're back on the ground and you've got
your little friends with you," said Harry coolly as I turned round from my conversation with Hermione to see Malfoys flanked by his guards, Crabbe and Goyle.
"I'd take you on anytime on my own," said Malfoy. "Tonight, if you want.
Wizard's duel. Wands only -- no contact. What's the matter? Never heard
of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?"
"Of course he has," said Ron, wheeling around. "I'm his second, who's
yours?"
Malfoy looked at Crabbe and Goyle, sizing them up.
"Crabbe," he said. "Midnight on Sunday all right? We'll meet you in the trophy
room; that's always unlocked."

When Malfoy had gone, Ron and Harry looked at each other.
"What is a wizard's duel?" said Harry. "And what do you mean, you're my second?"
"Well, a second's there to take over if you die," said Ron casually,
getting started at last on his cold pie. Catching the look on Harry's
face, he added quickly, "But people only die in proper duels, you know,
with real wizards. The most you and Malfoy'll be able to do is send
sparks at each other. Neither of you knows enough magic to do any real
damage. I bet he expected you to refuse, anyway."
"And what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?"
"Throw it away and punch him on the nose," Ron suggested.
"Are you mental?" I interrupted the two of them angrily. "It's Malfoy. He's been holding a wand since he was 7. Harry here just heard about magic a couple of months ago and you don't even have your own wand."
"Mind your business Dan" Ron snapped as Hermione replied.
"He has a point you know. Malfoy probably won't even show up."
"What are we going to do then?" Harry asked.
What if he does show up, huh?" Ron said," Do you want to ruin our reputation? "
As Ron said that, a light bulb went off in my head as I shrugged." Have it your way then." Iff they get caught, Hufflepuff takes the lead.
"Don't. Only God knows how much points you'd lose us." Hermione said. As the two of them began to argue, the twins threw a piece of paper at me. I opened it to see nothing on it so I quickly brought out my wand and mumbled "Incendio," lighting a little flame at the tip of my wand below the paper.
Immediately, the words began to appear.