Chapter 7

16th September 1991

08:25

Dan's PoV

The day started off with a bang, a large package coming for Harry. He and Ron read a note that came with the package before running out of the Hall, grinning widely.

Ignoring them, we began to plan how to find out the secret of the third floor corridor. We couldn't do anything now because of school, so we decided that Hermione, Susan and Justin will search the library for anything that might stick out, while Megan Hannah and I will ask around for clues from the paintings and staff. All through the lessons we could hardly concentrate, Hannah and Megan losing about 20 points in class (15 from Professor Snape), but school finally finished. We ate dinner as fast as possible.

"Where to first?"Hannah asked after we finished eating.

"None of the professors are going to be of any help, so we should start with other staff first," I said.

"What of Hagrid?" Megan said.

"Let's go." Hannah said, already halfway it off the hall as me and Megan took off after her.

We reached Hagrid in about 5 minutes, and Hagrid seemed quite happy to see us.

"How's school going for yah? " Hagrid asked, dropping some cakes on the table as we sat down on the couch.

 I picked one up and tried to take a bite out of it, nearly breaking my teeth and destroying my taste buds for it. I quickly dropped it back as we began to make small talk for a bit. Hagrid seemed to have endless stories about my parents' time in school, with Dad's frankly amazing and well thought out pranks, to Mom's unbeatable grades in Potions and Charms. 

Hannah began to get impatient though, tapping her feet and biting her lip until she was about to burst, something Hagrid took notice of.

"What's going on with yah 'Annah?" Hagrid asked as Hannah finally burst.

"We want to know what is in the third floor corridor!" She said quickly as Hagrid looked at all three of us in shock.

Thinking fast, I began to speak.

"Hannah, Megan and I have always been interested in Magical Creatures and we heard a rumour from the twins about a three headed dog in the third floor corridor."

"Yeh talkin' 'bout Fluffy?" Hagrid asked excitedly, seemingly forgetting his shock and likely betrayal.

"Fluffy?" Megan asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Don' worry 'bout tha' pup" Hagrid said as we stared at him. Couldn' even harm a fly"

"Why is....Fluffy there?" Megan said, eyebrow still raised (might actually be higher now that I'm looking at this)

"Oh Professor Dumbledore asked for Fluffy tah protect Mr. Flamel's-" Hagrid began but stopped abruptly, realising he was about to spill the secret.

"It must be really important, Hagrid," I said "Don't worry, we won't bother you again about it, " as I stood up.

Confirmed, Hannah and Megan followed as we gave our goodbyes and a promise to come back soon.

Once we had left Hagrid's hearing range, the two girls immediately turned on me.

"Why did we leave Dan?" Hannah asked as I smiled.

"We've gotten what we wanted, so we can go now,"I said. Seeing they were still confused,I explain it further.