Chapter Five.

Billie released an inaudible gasp when she felt lips push against hers. Familiar hands tangled into her blue hair and ran through the scalp gently.

She felt Willow push her further against her locker, pressing their bodies closer together. PDA wasn't usually Willow's go to seeing as she was in a relationship with the average high school jock. Although there was an exception.

Willow's lips started trailing down to Billie's neck, making her tilt her head up slightly to allow her access. Billie allowed her eyes to scan the hallway until they met a particular pair of honey dew brown eyes. Peter Ager, aka Willow's boyfriend, aka the school soccer sensation, aka Palm Greene High's Golden boy himself. It was only when Billie saw the deep scowl on his features that she understood the cause of such PDA.

She rolled her eyes, pushing Willow from her body.

"I'm not your pawn, Will."

"Of course you aren't. Why would you think that I'd even consider that you were?"

Billie points with her eyes towards the direction where Peter stood.

"The look on his face tells me everything went according to your plan."

Willow doesn't have to turn around to know that her boyfriend held a bitter expression this direction. She tried to hide a smirk from Billie, pressing her lips together with a shrug of her shoulders.

"We're not together anymore."

"I call bullshit. The last time you 'weren't together' he cheated on you with his cousin. What am I making him jealous for this time?"

Willow sighs, aware that lying was pointless. "He told me he wanted to go to the dance with someone else."

"Sheesh"

"Don't start. I know."

The look of disapair in Willow's features almost had an effect on Billie. It almost evoked some sympathy. But then Billie remembered that Willow's main concern was that she wouldn't have someone to go to the dance with. And then any form of pity dissolved completely.

"Just break up with him if he's hurting you so much." it was Zoe who spoke from next to them, having just been dropped of by her mom and, and was now loading her locker with books. "You deserve...never mind."

"I'm sorry, Zenny, but I don't remember inviting you into this conversation."

Zoe smiled sarcastically at the way Willow intentionally said her name incorrectly. "And that's why your boyfriend would rather fuck his own cousin."

Willow gasps. "You fucking-" She reaches to grab Zoe, but is ceased by Billie pulling her by the waist.

"That's enough. Willow, I'm glad you confided in me to solve your boy problems, but I can't help you. Making him jealous certainly won't."

"I know that." Willow says matter of factly. "I have a much better idea that you might just love."

Zoe, with a questioning glare matching Billie's, leans over to Billie's ear and whispers, "I can assure you, you might not"

Ignoring her best friend, Billie asks, "And what might that be?"

The senior smiles. She places her hands together in front of her as though she were praying, a look of hope in her eyes.

"Billie O'Connell. Will you go to prom with me?"

Zoe snickers. "God, it's way worse than I thought. D'you hear that?" she asks Billie humorously. "she wants you to go to a senior dance! With her!"