Ten: Cannibalism.

A/N: Dazai doesn't get shot in this book after he speaks with Fyodor.

Your phone rings on the coffee table.

The two of you stare at it.

"Well, I need to pick that up," You say, yet again finding yourself pushing Chuuya away from you as you approach the table, "Hello?"

"Hello~"

Your eyes narrow, and you're almost hesitant to say his name with Chuuya in the room, "Hello. What do you want now?"

"Oh, is Chuuya in the room with you right now?"

A pause.

"How did you know?" You eye the ginger-haired male, who's tapping his foot on the floor impatiently with his eyebrow quirked at your gaze, "Are you stalking me?"

"Just a guess," Dazai says, a smirk evident in his voice, "I have to say, I loved your work."

"My work?"

"The one you did with the unfortunate soul who was spreading rumours about the Port Mafia?" Dazai says. His voice sounds almost nasally over the phone lines. You wonder if the Port Mafia were tampering with it, listening to your conversations with a curious ear, "You did well on that."

"You're sounding more and more like Mori every day," You say, inspecting your nails. You blink and they're covered in blood. Your entire hands are dripping with blood, wet and coagulating, dripping down to your elbows. You blink hard and they don't disappear, "That's weird, huh."

"Am I? That's an insult to me," He pouts.

"I know," You blink and the blood is gone: you are back to reality, "Well, if you just called to congratulate me, then I've gotta go."

"No, I called for a reason," He says, "Can we meet?"

You hesitate, "Now?"

"Yes," He says, "Just for a briefing. I'm concerned about the President. And by proxy, it concerns your own Boss."

"Sure," You sigh, "Where?"

He gives you a street name instead of a proper address; he must be talking about something serious if he didn't want any ears to be listening into the conversation.

"Alright, bye." You snap your phone shut.

"Who was that?" Chuuya asks. He's languidly swirling what remnants are left of his wine in the wine glass, the swirl releasing an aroma of sweetness into the air.

"The man you hate the most in the world."

He nearly snaps the wine glass neck, "EH? Dazai?! Why'd he call you?"

"He wants to talk to me about something," You say, pocketing your phone, "Gotta head out."

His gravity ability triggers and you find yourself unable to move from your spot.

"Release me, Chuuya."

"I'm not letting you meet that bastard of a man, (first name)," He snarls, snatching your shoulder so that you spun to face him, "Why should I let you?"

"Because I can," You sneer, "What are you, delusional?"

"No darling, you are," He snaps, "Are you kidding me? You've been mine. You are. I won't let you meet him."

"It concerns the Port Mafia," You say. That makes him falter, taking a step back and releasing you from the confines of his ability. His thin brows furrow and his bangs cover his eyes. An admission of defeat.