pepper

brance bc that's whats been on my mind

- vance's pov -

i was walking out of the grab n go when i saw a small moving box. i opened the box to see a small black cat. it couldn't be more than a month old. i put the kitten inside my coat as i continued walking home.

i opened the door to the house to find my boyfriend, bruce, peacefully sleeping on the couch. i quietly closed the door behind me, so bruce wouldn't wake up, and slipped my shoes off walking up to bruce.

"bruce, baby, wake up" i said as i slightly shook him awake. "hmm, what happened?" bruce said rubbing the sleep away from his eyes. "i gotta show you something" i said sitting down on the couch next to bruce who laid his head on my shoulder.

"look" i said opening my coat to reveal the small black kitten i found. "aww, where'd you find him?" bruce asked sweetly looking up at me. "while i was walking out the grab n go. i found him in a box" bruce's smiled at the cat.

"so, can we keep him?" i ask. "no shit, of course!" bruce said carefully taking the kitten away from me. "what're we gonna name him?" i asked taking my coat off and walking next to bruce. "umm, how bout pepper!" bruce's said excitedly. "sure, why not" i said leaning down kissing bruce's temple before going up to my room.

- 1 year time skip -

it's been a year since we've had pepper. he's gotten more and more comfortable around us. mostly bruce though. bruce is like his dad. does everything with him.

i walked into the living room to see bruce playing with pepper on the couch. "you love that cat more then me" i said walking up behind the couch. "no i don't!" bruce said violently turning his head toward me.

"i'm just kidding" i said sitting down next to bruce. "i'll always love you more then pepper" bruce said bringing me into a short heartfelt kiss. i pulled away stealing another quick kiss from him.

"actually, where is pepper?" i questioned not knowing we're the small cat went. "i don't know a-" bruce was just about to finish his sentence when we heard a thud come from the kitchen.

we both jumped up from the couch as we ran to the kitchen.

"PEPPER!"