stargazing

modern rinney

- third person pov -

finney was never allowed out the house after 8:30pm. it was a rule his father had to quote, "keep you safe from them" finney never understood what that meant.

finney loved stars and space in general. he'd alway say he wanted to go stargazing when he would finally move out of the house. it was his dream.

robin, finney's boyfriend, would always tell finney to just sneak out from his window, but his father had cameras in the backyard, so finney never could.

- 1 year time skip -

today was july 10, 2023. finney's birthday. he had a great day. he had a small party, his friends came over, and just had a great time. it was around 10:30 when finney's father went to sleep.

finney was in his room about to go to sleep too, when he heard a ring come from his phone. it was robin. finney picked up his phone and read robins text.

robin 💖:
finneyy, i need you to meet me in your back yard in 5

finney:
why? you know i can't be out right now

robin 💖:
baby, c'mon, it's your birthday. i don't think your old man would care

finney:
fine. it better be worth it, robin.
read 10:43

finney made his way to his backyard to meet up with robin. he knew his father would check the cameras in the morning, but honestly, he didn't care. after all, it was his birthday. when finney made it to his backyard, he saw robin walking up to him.

"finney!" robins arms wrapped around finney's waist picking him up into the air. "ROBIN, STOP! PUT ME DOWN!" finney shrieked. robin finally put finney down as he wrapped an arm around his waist and began to walk.

"so, where are you going?" finney asked tilting his head at robin. "you'll find out soon" robin took his arm away from finney's waist and interlocked their fingers as they began to walk down the street.

after 30 minutes of walking, both boys made it to the stop. "a hill?" finney questioned with pure confusion. "keep following" robin grabbed finney's arm and walked him up the small hill.

both boys made it up the top of the hill when robin told finney to sit in a certain spot. "why here?" asked finney waiting for robin to give a response. "look up" was all robin said before he saw finney's eyes widen at the sky.

"wow..." nothing else came out of finney's mouth as he kept his eyes on the millions of stars in the sky. "pretty, right?" robin looked sympathetically at finney as he smiled at him.

"very. very pretty" finney took his eyes off the stars, eyes glossy with tears, and looked at his boyfriend. finney, softly, lunged forward and wrapped his arms around robins neck. "thank you" finney whispered with a shaky voice resting his head on robins shoulder.

"you're welcome" robin rubbed finney's back as he quietly sniffed in chances of stopping the tears from falling out of his eyes. finney shifted into a comfortable position with his head on robins shoulder.

robin placed 2 small kisses on finney's head before putting his hand in finney's hair, massaging his scalp. finney's closed his eyes at the relaxing feeling. finney, soon, fell asleep on robins lap. both boys had an amazing night.

my friend told me to post this even tho i lowk don't like it 😞💔