Awkwardness

After everyone started either disappearing or just sitting there quietly for a few minutes. Sammy slowly reached up to play with their septum pericing that they noticed that was missing. "Shit," they whispered as they checked their pockets, saying cuss words when not finding it. "Whats wrong?" Dylan asked his friend as they stood up checking around the campfire. "Um... My nose ring is missing... Maybe it fell out when I was checking the lake for the rocks" they said hitting Ryan's arm, asking both the boys to help them find the missing ring. They quickly got up following Sammy down to the lake when they turn around to Bennie, wink at them as they act like they were checking their pockets again.
Bennie, mentally, face palm at her friend, thinking kaitylin would saw them but the girl in question was staring down at her drink. She then look at theirs, as she asked about her day. Kaitylin look up at her and sigh as they explain about how Jacob was complaining about his summer fling with Emma and how he thought it would last forever and start making funny jokes about which made Bennie smile laughing as she cover her mouth. They talk about what each one of them was doing for college, about next year if they were coming back to camp, and the places they miss going to while they were here all summer. They then made jokes about the other counselors like the time jolacob scream like a girl when he saw the tiny spider on his arm. The other time when Sammy was chasing the kids who was running with the bow and arrows and fell into the lake. Kaitylin brush her hair behind her ear, when she started to put her hand down on the sand to prop herself up when they felt it brushed against Bennie's hand. They both quickly pull their hands away, blushing slightly looking at the campfire. They try to change the topic but no words would come out until Sammy and the others came back around the fire, with the missing septum ,laughing and joking about how Dylan fell in the lake and that he pull both Sammy and Ryan in until they heard the scream from the forest that sounded like Abi.

(Extra part)
Sammy was slowly looking under the rocks a few feet away from the campfire with Dylan and Ryan beside them looking for the lost septum. Dylan finally speak up wiping his hands on his pants"why don't we go get a magnet from the kitchen?" He asked standing up slowly as he trip over a rock that sent him into the lake with an oof. Ryan and Sam try to hold back a laugh with him standing up shaking the water off. "Good thing we don't have our phones on us" Ryan said as hold out his hand as his nonbinary friend did the same. Dylan then grab both of them and pull them in with him which made Sammy fall on Ryan. "Ow my knee" they said looking up seeing Ryan underneath her as he groaned, with their face turn pink getting up quickly so they can help them both up. "Welp I guess I have to get another septum." They said as Dylan squeezed his shirt of the water out. "Don't you have another pair anyway. Why were we loooking?" "This one was my favorite though dyl" Ryan shook his head as he walk forward alittle "lets get back before we freeze out here" they all walk back to the campfire that Bennie and kaitylin sitting awkwardly until a scream came from the woods. "Wasn't that abi" kaitylin asked with everyone felt a darkness cover over them.