Chores, Chores, and MORE Chores..

You walked towards the elevator as Alice began to speak again.

"There are so few rules to our world now. So little truths." She spoke with a informative tone, maybe some advice would do some good for you as you silently listened. 

"But there is one rule we all know and respect down here.." You felt a chill crawl down your spine when she paused.

"Beware the Ink Demon" She stated before continuing with the information. "Stay out in the open and he will find you." She said too sickly sweet to sounds genuine. "For if you see him, you'd better hide."

You sighed shakily, not wanting to see that creature. "If you don't, well, I enjoyed our date.." The elevator dinged as the sliding door opened, prompting you to exit. "Now, let us begin our work." Alice said as her voice halted.

"Have you met him? The Ink Demon? They say he hears everything." You cringed as you finished off a Searcher, walking down the small hallway with dripping ink from the ceiling and turning machinery working their best. 

"Every creak of the floor, every rustle of paper." She used the example to try and scare you more. It was working. "I wouldn't run too fast if I were you. You never know what might draw him in.

___________________________________________________

After going through the process of harvesting and stealing spare parts in some of the few boxes on the wall. The only problem was the few monsters like the Butcher Gang members, but you didn't panic that much over it. 

"Ah. That's should be plenty. Return them to me." Alice instructed with what seemed to be a scoff. 

You sigh as you hurried to the elevator with your trusty wrench in hand. "-and try not to die on the way back." That made you sweat as you quickened your steps towards the elevator. 

As you stepped into the elevator you realized you probably had more stuff to do in order to please the angel talking through the intercoms as you pressed the elevator button, a loud ding noise could be heard soon after. 

_________________________________________________

"Sammy said I had talent.." Alice started as you stood still in the elevator, your eyes widened slightly at the topic of Sammy. "He was always a good liar." She said with a monotone voice. You never thought Sammy to be a liar, in fact he was brutally honest sometimes, but never a liar. At least, that's what you thought. "Still, he was once a very handsome man." She cooed with sorrow. 

You decided not to say anything about it since you knew it probably would've made her more upset. You'll say something to her soon, or at least when you can. The elevator door soon opened after. 

________________________________________________

Sorry for this late and short chapter- I've been busy with school and haven't found an opportunity to write back to you lovely folk. So expect an update sometime soon with more than 300 words. Until then I will see you later!