chapter three

The sounds of wrapping paper being torn is what woke me.

My blurry vision saw what I knew to be Charlie, ripping away at the presents that were under the tree.

"Morning bud." I said, my voice groggy from just waking up.

"M/n!" He said, turning to me.

Like a flash, the dream I had last night hit me. It was so vivid. Only then did I notice the pants I was wearing. They were the same fleece pants I found in the room.

"H-hey Charlie?" I asked, getting his attention

"Yea?" He asked turning his head away from his gifts.

"Did we go to the north pole last night?"  I asked, feeling really stupid. Like, the north pole?? Really?? What am I? 7?

But despite my disbelief of the events taking place, I was met with a wide eyed Charlie nodding towards me.

" It was really cool, wasn't it?" He said, his eyes full of wonder.

I was at a loss for words. I went to the fucking  𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘦 and Scott is Santa.

Before I could respond to any of my emotions, I heard feet pounding down the stairs. He was wearing a red silk night shirt with matching pants. Charlie and I both watched as he ran out the door, a wild look of fear mixed with disbelief was on his face. It stayed on his face until he entered the living room where Charlie and I sat.

"M/n, Charlie, please tell me we didn't go to the north pole, and that I'm not Santa Claus."

Charlie and I glanced at each other, a look of knowing on our faces.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, we did, and yes, you are." I said, carefuly saying my words as to not further upset him.

I watched as he threw his hands up in the air, having them rest just at his head. He took a deep breath in, heavily sighing or out.

As Scott was running back up the stairs, I felt a  tug on the sleeve of my jacket. It was Charlie, and when I turned around, I was met with a little box I'm his hands.

"It's yours!" He said, motioning it to me.

I honestly never thought Scott would get me a gift. I had asked mom to leave all of mine at home and I'll open them when I get back.

The wrapping on it was a pleasant lush green, and it was wrapped so delicately. A red silk ribbon pulled the whole thing together. I wonder why Scott went out of his way to wrap it like this.

I didn't want to do the usual thing of tearing off the wrapping paper, due to how delicate it looked. Instead, I took off the ribbon, placing it down beside me, then carefully finding the tape where it was all stuck together, unwrapping it with care.

Once the wrapping paper was off, a smell wafted into the air. It wasn't very potent, but you could tell it was there. It was the smell of peppermint and cinnamon, the same smell that I fell asleep to last night.

I started to wonder if this was even from Scott now, as it for one would be way out of character to give me something this delicately wrapped and taken care of, and two, the smell.

I carefully opened the box, and a note was covering what I assumed to be a gift.

The paper was foleded up, and written on top was my name, in a handwriting I didn't recognize. It was loopy, but sharp. The edges of the letters were ever so slightly curved. It was a beautiful hand writing.

I took the letter out, unfolding it. In the same handwriting, it read.

𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘮/𝘯

𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭. 𝘐 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘦.