the mission: heroic findings

It was now merely a couple hours before the mission was set to take place. Last minute information was being fed to the group, causing changes to quickly become added. Aizawa's job wasn't changed too often. He, along with some of the police force, would accompany Nighteye's group to the lower levels of the base, before they split into smaller groups to search for the child. 

Eri was her name. And Nighteye was the one looking for her along with Mirio. 

Tsukauchi and Aizawa were on the lookout for possible drugs that had been developed to delete quirks--as well as strengthen them, Fatgum brought up. But to be completely honest, Aizawa had no specific reason for the hero and detective to attend and partake in the mission besides speculation and a gut feeling. Aizawa looked around at all the adults. He and Nezu had discussed the mission in regards to the hero work studies and decided that while the kids could attend regular patrols, it would be unsafe to throw them in the yakuza case with barely a year of experience. Thus, Kirishima, Uraraka, Tsu, and Tokoyami were not allowed to attend the case, much to their annoyance. 

It was for their safety though, so Aizawa was willing to deal with their whines. For now. 

“You ready?” Tsukauchi spoke up from his stance next to Aizawa, having decided to keep him company as he observed the room.

Aizawa mutely nodded, gut feeling flaring as time ticked by. 

“I have a weird feeling about this.” Tsukauchi admitted. “I feel like we are on the edge of every case, yet not fully cracking any of them.” 

Aizawa side-eyed the detective, taking in his seemingly relaxed appearance. The detective was leaning against the wall, one hand on his holster and the other looked through his belt. “I have a lead for the Public Affairs and Midoriya cases. Don’t want to discuss it now, but after this mission, I’m going to need a coffee.” He spoke, heavily insinuating that they would need to get a  coffee either during or before he spilled the information.  

Tuskauchi’s eyes widened, a small hopeful glimmer taking them over. He nodded, a newfound determination masking his excitement. He pursed his lips. “I’ll hold you to that.” He muttered. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

So far the mission was going astray. Everyone had been prematurely separated and left to fend for themselves in an attempt to fill out their tasks. So the strategic plan was skewed, but Aizawa wouldn’t call it a failure yet either. By some miracle, Tsukauchi and him had not been separated and were currently in the lower levels of the building. Somehow, they had managed to stay relatively undamaged when fighting off and knocking out villains. 

Aizawa had a deep cut running down his arm along with a couple superficial cuts and bruises. Tsukauchi had a dislocated shoulder that he had popped back in and a bullet wound  that skimmed his side. He was wearing a bulletproof vest though, so he was not injured by the gunshot. 

Aizawa finished running down the staircase, capture weapon floating subconsciously, ready to recoil and be used at a moment’s notice. 

He burst into the hallway, Tsukauchi hot on his heels, scanning the room with a determined gaze. He was minimally surprised to see the place empty, no guards or personnel on the level. He shifted his weight, walking further into the room, gun in hand. Tsuakuchi followed, watching the hero’s back. Their footsteps sounded loudly on the tiled floors. Somewhere a dripping was heard along with an almost constant whirring sound.

“Clear.” The hero muttered when no workers were found. Aizawa turned to make eye contact with Tsukauchi. He jerked his head in the direction of the whirring sound. Tsuakuchi, understanding the movement, nodded and began making his way to the door. He leaned in, ear close as he assessed sounds from inside.